• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is an ancient coin expert?

I don't know, but I'd bet the guys at the pawn shop would know or have a real good feeling for it.
I'm interested myself, but don't want to call.
Two calls for a coin like this in one day and they would think we were funnin with them and not take the 2nd call.
Maybe

You can give it a shot. I got the automated system. Tried to get operator and got hung up on. Tried again, same thing.

This is a coin from Ephesus and is a much better looking coin than the one that I am looking for. Long story short: I live on Macedonia Rd. I have referred to it like it is a kingdom for years. I now have the girlfriend doing the same thing. That is why it needs to be a Macedonia(n) coin. The honey bee is because we are beekeepers...

This is the example of the Macedonia coin w/ the bee that I have found so far. Hopefully there is another w/ a much better bee.
$_12.JPG

that's an awesome story hope your able to find one

My family has been on this property since 1846. My 5th great granddaddy bought it and moved here from SC. He married the neighbor who had already been here, unknown for how long, but the family land would actually go back even further than 1846. So, to me, it is our kingdom. LOL

A nice one like you see in a book is going to set you back a lot of dough-- at least $1500 for a decent tetradrachm, and $500 for a drachm.

Due to this miraculous secret invention called Google, I was able to find some for sale. There's one on eBay for $7500, for instance.

Be (bee?) very careful though-- there are many forgeries of desirable ancients out there now. I would only pay more than a few hundred if I were buying from one of the reputable dealers in ancients... not f'ing eBay.

Consider a good replica.

A nice one like you see in a book is going to set you back a lot of dough-- at least $1500 for a decent tetradrachm, and $500 for a drachm.

Due to this miraculous secret invention called Google, I was able to find some for sale. There's one on eBay for $7500, for instance.

Be (bee?) very careful though-- there are many forgeries of desirable ancients out there now. I would only pay more than a few hundred if I were buying from one of the reputable dealers in ancients... not f'ing eBay.

This is the reason that I posted on here. Hoping to find someone that dabbles in ancient coins that could point me in the right direction to some, hopefully fairly locally, that deals in authentic coins. However, at that price for an authentic one, I will have to go the replica route.

lftd&pwrstrok'n lftd&pwrstrok'n - I did at least get through to the operators voice mail, I told them what you (I) was looking for. I wouldn't expect a call back unless they have one. If they do I'll give you the specifics in a PM and you can haggle away.

Good luck it sounds like a really great and fitting present.

This is the reason that I posted on here. Hoping to find someone that dabbles in ancient coins that could point me in the right direction to some, hopefully fairly locally, that deals in authentic coins. However, at that price for an authentic one, I will have to go the replica route.

Oh, there are no local dealers of ancients to any degree... there are less than 10 in the country of any note. They all come to the big coin show once a year at the Galleria... that's your only chance to see the good stuff in person. Well, you could fly to London and go to the British Museum. They'll pull out anything you want to see if you file a request. But I digress. Lemme dig up the names.

There probably aren't 100 serious collectors in GA. I probably qualify.

Back
Top Bottom