• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who is hunting with thier AR?

I'm jumping on the AR-for-hunting wagon, I ordered a PSA 18" SS 6.8 Spec II upper a few weeks ago, and it finally shipped, should be here Tuesday! I can't wait to work up a load, I'm planning on using the 120 SSTs and AA2200, that combo seems to be a solid choice for deer and hogs.

I have 2 carbines I shoot 77GR Tungston steel core fromwith a 1/7 twist. I use these to huntDeer and Hogs with. I have 1 other DDM4 that is a 1/9 twist I shoot lighter bullets from at 55GR Ball rounds. I have also taken hogs and Deer with this as well. I Run EOTechs and all three. These are all 5.56, I dont shoot .223 to much Just because I like the Effects the 5.56 gives me.

I'd tend to believe that a well placed shot from a .223 or any hi-caliber rifles is big enough for deer. Good shot placement is key anytime you are hunting, not only for safety but for a clean kill shot. I've hunted deer and have been successful with a 30-30, .30-06, 7.62x39mm, a 7mm (very similar to the 30-06) and of course 12g and 20g slugs. I've never hunted with an AR style gun, but I have with an SKS.

Back
Top Bottom