• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is installing interlock switches for a backfeed?

Glocksmith

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
I need a “licensed electrician” to hookup my generator to back feedback the electrical panel for the house.

I’m in the Gainesville/Oakwood area.

PM me an estimate for installation with and without kits.

Someone will likely have to see the job to quote it or charge like a$1k flat rate for the job. For example, what size wire/breaker? how long and difficult is the run? What kind of receptacle do you want? Are the top two spaces in your panel empty? If not, are the wires in the panel long enough to move everything down two spaces? Anyway, you're better off calling a couple of electricians and letting them look at the job.

I have a Honda 6500 Watt portable inverter/generator and I have it back fed to my control panel in my house. Works great!! Not as good as one of the Generac units that runs off propane, has a transfer switch, and comes on automatically when you lose power, but, for my purposed it works great. I just wheel the generator up to my crawl space, hook up my generator, cut off the main breaker on my panel in the house so I do not back feed power from my house, turn off all my breakers, turn on the generator and switch on my breakers one at a time. It will run everything in my house with the exception of the AC/Heat Unit. It is also very quiet. This set up has worked great for me. Good luck in finding an electrician...

Back
Top Bottom