• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who runs wet Suppressors?

Seems like it would be good with a wipe for like the first round or 3, if you’re trying to be as quiet as possible. Otherwise seems like a lot of work for not much return.
calebp calebp

I just drop a little electrode gel in the front and it's good to go. It works well for hunting (or assassins). Drop a couple turkeys or deer before the others decide to beat feet. lol. Sucks when another hunter shoots nearby and scares everything off.

Water cools the super heated gasses, taking energy away from the blast through evaporative heat loss. Like the cool feeling of alcohol evaporating on your skin.

Astringents that suppress fire (remove heat quickly)(solvents) can make some noise differences, but also up the pressure within the can, so volume of the can will be a factor. Carbon tetra chloride was used as a fire suppressor, by removing so much heat it strangles the fire. It would offer more suppression HOWEVER Its impractical to use a rare, expensive and toxic solvent for such purposes and water is cheap and plentiful. Alcohol-based gels (sanitizer) probably offer some better performance than strait water but evaporate so quick its only good for one shot and doesn't last long once you pour it inside the can.

I’ve played around with water and wire pulling gel, but as others have said, it’s too messy for me. I hunt with a suppressed 300 blk out, using super sonic loads. The deer have no idea where to run after the first shot. Hell, I dropped one doe and had another one walk straight towards me.

Water cools the super heated gasses, taking energy away from the blast through evaporative heat loss. Like the cool feeling of alcohol evaporating on your skin.

Astringents that suppress fire (remove heat quickly)(solvents) can make some noise differences, but also up the pressure within the can, so volume of the can will be a factor. Carbon tetra chloride was used as a fire suppressor, by removing so much heat it strangles the fire. It would offer more suppression HOWEVER Its impractical to use a rare, expensive and toxic solvent for such purposes and water is cheap and plentiful. Alcohol-based gels (sanitizer) probably offer some better performance than strait water but evaporate so quick its only good for one shot and doesn't last long once you pour it inside the can.

But Will Smith had to go back in tome to find carbon tetrachloride so let the Jupiter 5 lift off whatever planet they were on, so it must be some pretty awesome stuff...

Yeah, that sounds far too complicated. lol. I use Spectra 360 gel and it lasts about 4-6 shots. With subsonic ammo, it's ridiculously quiet.

Back
Top Bottom