• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who would'a thunk it..

Alright. Someone please explain to me the appeal/purpose of the 19x. I've owned Glocks and I like them just fine. I just don't get this one.

Alright. Someone please explain to me the appeal/purpose of the 19x. I've owned Glocks and I like them just fine. I just don't get this one.
Made them for Army trials, selling them to public to recoup some investment, Glock “collectors” (fanboys) will buy anything.

A long slide 19 would have been neat. A short slide 17 (19x) is just dumb.

Made them for Army trials, selling them to public to recoup some investment, Glock “collectors” (fanboys) will buy anything.

A long slide 19 would have been neat. A short slide 17 (19x) is just dumb.
I completely dissagree and love this gun. I think you need to get out and actually shoot it to really appreciate it. It’s tough to explain. I have a Gen 5 17, Gen 5 34 and the 19x and they’re all great but I may like the 19x the best. There is something about the balance and recoil characteristic that set it apart.

From my research. I think the full grip appeals to many with big paws. The ability to have 2 extra rounds without extensions or it dangling. The ability to clear leather quicker due to shorter barrel will allow faster shot on target. The shorter barrel does not pinch your side IWB or poke your leg AIWB.

I'm sure it's a fine gun. Here's the thing though. I have an M&P compact 2.0. It has a four inch barrel and two 15rd magazines. It also comes with two magazine sleeves that can be put on a 17rd magazine if you want to. I bought one for $20 and keep it in the gun when it's on the nightstand. The sleeve doesn't move up and down or pinch my fingers. The really good part is that I can CHOOSE to have a shorter grip for easier concealment. I also paid about $150 less than you would for a 19x. I guess my main issue with it is that I don't see where all that extra money is going.

Back
Top Bottom