• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whole house generator install

Openspaces

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
79   0
Reaction score
Looking for someone to wire up a transfer switch and whole house generator (including 2 load shedding circuits for the AC)

Prefer them to be Generac certified to take advantage of the extended warranty promition they have going on but not required.

Only looking for certified electricians who have completed this job before or references of someone who will charge a reasonable rate.

Job is located in Roswell

We installed a whole house gen. when we built our new house. My contractor had Generac come out and do the install and the propane company came out and hooked up the tanks. Great investment. We bought a variable speed type generator. (Synergy maybe?). It only runs enough to meet the demand, not wide open all the time. I'm pretty sure it was a 21Kw unit. bought two 325 gallon tanks and manifolded them together with a shut off in between the two. That way I have at least one full tank of propane at all times if the power ever does go out. And it has, several times since we have been in the house.

I have a 15KW portable that is a beast. I need a transfer switch installed next to my meter. I have a monster ATS that I have listed on here. I would love to trade it for a manual TS installed and be done with it.

If you find someone and are pleased with price and quality of work I would be interested in having them out to give me a quote.

Will do. As of now everyone quoting recognizes this is a want and not a need. Maybe I’d be more willing to cough up the cash but I’ve identified (and installers) have confirmed my job doesn’t get any easier.

Main gas, electric, and ac units are all in the same exterior wall within 20’ of each other.

And mine is real easy for someone who is in the field. My meter base disconnect is right where I want my Plug. I want a lockout in the meter base and a plug for the generator mounted within 3 feet of the meter base.

Back
Top Bottom