• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are some cops still douche bags?

If you watch the Tick Carlson interview with Ice Cube I think Cube explains it very well.

They just want to get home to their families. I could t imagine the constant stress on law enforcement these days.

I just have to say you could replace your
question with “people” instead of cops.
“Why are some people still douche bags?”
I have met quite a few cops on here and have had great dealings with them. I have also met some in life that are definitely douche bags. But I will say I have met a lot more people that were douche bags that were not cops.
But cops are at the tip of the douche spear😏 whoever ur right just the same humans are douche canoes

I thought about this question for many years and eventually concluded a few things:
  1. If you spend most your time dealing with the dregs of society, you might develop some misanthropic tendencies.
  2. If you only socialize and associate with people in your same profession, it can exacerbate the "us and them" tribalism.

why do people call the police
Cops are mostly called to deal with difficult hurt angry often ignorant people that are perceived to be criminals breaking rules (intentionally or not) so they mostly see that -
Nurses doctors and other healthcare professionals are mostly called to deal with difficult hurt angry often ignorant people that are perceived to be sick (intentionally or not) so they mostly see that
Teachers and other educational professionals are mostly called to deal with difficult hurt angry often ignorant people that are perceived to be in need of knowledge or training (intentionally or not) so they mostly see that

why do people call the police
Cops are mostly called to deal with difficult hurt angry often ignorant people that are perceived to be criminals breaking rules (intentionally or not) so they mostly see that -
Nurses doctors and other healthcare professionals are mostly called to deal with difficult hurt angry often ignorant people that are perceived to be sick (intentionally or not) so they mostly see that
Teachers and other educational professionals are mostly called to deal with difficult hurt angry often ignorant people that are perceived to be in need of knowledge or training (intentionally or not) so they mostly see that
We have always been told that people who work these jobs, and they are that, jobs, are answering a calling.
It should be a measure of this spirit of being called, to rise above the fray while dealing with scum, rather than lowering down and becoming such. JMHO

indeed a preacher working his hardest on Sunday preaches dont work on Sunday. Cops often ultimately rely on force and violence of action to mitigate it - jobs and callings collide

I think it’s a ego thing—but I also think about all the bull**** they have to put up with daily with the hood rats dope heads.

We have always been told that people who work these jobs, and they are that, jobs, are answering a calling.
It should be a measure of this spirit of being called, to rise above the fray while dealing with scum, rather than lowering down and becoming such. JMHO
The satisfaction, if not joy, of following one's calling is mitigated, and the professional demoralized, when the incessant stream of the worst of humanity abuse the service provided, as well as the provider, at increasing rates with diminishing returns, all the while without ever attempting to improve their own situation or acknowledge the assistance provided.

i.e.: working in a profession starts to suck (like suck the life out of you) when the people you deal with show no signs of even considering self improvement, and demand perfection without adequate reimbursement.

indeed a preacher working his hardest on Sunday preaches dont work on Sunday. Cops often ultimately rely on force and violence of action to mitigate it - jobs and callings collide
True. When I was working at a service station, we had a Methodist minister that used to stop after services and tell us we needed to close on Sundays (our busiest day) and attend church.
One day the owner told him, OK, next Sunday we’ll close and all come to church, the following Sunday you can close and come work with us. Minister never mentioned it again.

Back
Top Bottom