• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are some cops still douche bags?

this is to explain the douchebag cops..." they were born with a stick up there ass"
I worked in law enforcement and douchebags are a common denominator in this field of work. I think there are lots of enforcement officers that were born with a "cob up the ass".....others developed that attitude from the clientele they have to deal with then some of them remain decent people to a degree. I think dealing with law breakers continually will make almost anyone cynical about the human race. " Believing that people are motivated purely by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity" is the bi-product of policing. It takes a lot of effort to be a cop AND a decent human being. The cops that ARE decent are that way in spite of their job.
You’re right on the money I think. Dealing with the worst of the worst people everyday and seeing the aftermath of what some people do to others. This would sour someone on humanity in general after years of witnessing it. I definitely couldn’t do that job.

I don't disagree but when I saw how much GSP make I understand why they're angry. I'm sure once you get some seniority in it's not bad but getting there in a high risk job where there's no guarnatee you come home for dinner - no thanks.
Everybody faces no guarantee you come home each time they leave their home. No excuse for treating people like you own them

Why is anyone still a d-bag? Every profession has them. Every Internet forum has them. Every family has at least one. Why focus on on cops?
The difference is one has a badge/gun and feel they can make you dance, lawfully or not. They’ve taken a lot of heat the past few years. My point is why not try to change the perception with good will and respect of regular old civilians they serve. Plenty of douche bags out there, not just some of law enforcement for sure.

I know they’ve had it rough for being targeted by everyone the past few years, but why are some cops still Douche bags? It definitely doesn’t win them any support from me. Maybe the ones that are Douche bags can’t figure that out or they were born with a stick up there ass? Wh

I’ve had bad and good experiences from them.

The bad: was assaulted by one (even his partner apologized for him), had one try to steal a gun out of my car: caught him while doing it and he gave some bull**** story that he thought it was an abandoned car and that was why he was in taking the gun out of the glove box... and had one slam me against a car.... I wasn’t the one they were looking for.

Now bear in mind I’m a business owner and white with zero criminal past.

But I’ve had good as well.... professional officers who acted appropriately.

The problem is the professionals don’t handle the problem ones. So does that make them complicit? Probably

You’re right on the money I think. Dealing with the worst of the worst people everyday and seeing the aftermath of what some people do to others. This would sour someone on humanity in general after years of witnessing it. I definitely couldn’t do that job.
I was "done with humanity" the day I helped with a search for a missing 6 year old boy in SC.

After 12 hours of SLED helicopters using FLIR, trapesing in creeks and woods in 100 degree temps along with hundreds of volunteers, me and my brother found him. His momma had drowned him, wrapped him in trash bags and stuffed him under her "crib" behind a reclining chair laid sideways. Oh, she put on a good show, you better believe that.

That's not what made me "done" though. It was the three shytebirds in the station lobby arguing and fighting over who was actually her boyfriend. This was AFTER they knew she'd killed her only son. She told detectives that she killed him because he interfered with her "love life."

I guess you'd call it a convenience killing.

One little GSP douchebag was terrorizing the businesses and residents around the new mall in North Macon a few years ago. He had just turned 21, got his GED, and was fresh out of the "Trooper school" and on a tear to "make a difference" in the lives of his sheeple. He was pulling people and citing them for: ****ing seat belt violations, going 3 mph over the posted limit on Riverside, tail lights out, improper tag display, all kinds of nuisance bullshyte "violations" for which the state could collect fines. He's a real piece of shyte Barney Fife (that's what the shop owners and workers out there started calling him).
all the newbies go through this if they are Young and young is what the GSP wants to hire to get the longevity from the training. "Ricky Red Lights" is what they are know as even in policing circles. I had one pull me over in my state vehicle in my uniform to inform me I was doing 65 in a 55. He was actually writing me a warning when another car came by him and didn't move over to the passing lane so he immediately ask me did I see that? That car almost ran over me! Then just like that, "Ricky Red Light" left me telling me to go on and he hurried back to his patrol car and sped off after the other car. I told my friend, the Appling county Sherriff about this young man and he responded yeah, "I've had numerous call on this patrolman already. I'm going to get him assigned somewhere besides my county. He's good for business but bad for election results."

all the newbies go through this if they are Young and young is what the GSP wants to hire to get the longevity from the training. "Ricky Red Lights" is what they are know as even in policing circles. I had one pull me over in my state vehicle in my uniform to inform me I was doing 65 in a 55. He was actually writing me a warning when another car came by him and didn't move over to the passing lane so he immediately ask me did I see that? That car almost ran over him! Then just like that, "Ricky Red Light" left me telling me to go on and he hurried back to his patrol car and sped off after the other car. I told my friend, the Appling county Sherriff about this young man and he responded yeah, "I've had numerous call on this patrolman already. I'm going to get him assigned somewhere besides my county. He's good for business but bad for election results."
I remember years ago cops calling the volunteer EMS/firemen "Ricky Rescues" but I never heard Ricky Redlight, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom