• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I hate squirrels

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
Found this old picture this morning from the first house my wife and I ever bought. We had a squirrel chew through the neutral wire outside coming into the house. We were all gone at the time but it fried everything in the house that was plugged in. Then a surge protector was shot out of the plug in one of our daughters room. It caught fire behind a bookcase burning the back and the wall. Miraculously it died out soon after it started. Not sure why.

Note: quality is bad due to taking a picture of a mat finished photo

87B50A1D-887D-40E2-9A0C-8752D05D7036.jpeg

I spent a long, too long, time battling squirrels getting into my attic, chewing fuel lines, chewing mosquito tubes. Took out dozens, but it didn't make a dent, there's too many around here.

Got to love the nitwits on neighborhood apps harassing people for trying to get rid of them, lol. They'd change their tune quick if their attic caught fire.

The older squirrels in my neighborhood must've advised the younger squirrels to stay out of my yard because they are no longer a problem for me. Every chance I get I give them naps with my .22 air rifle. A few years ago they were residing in my attic. I started smelling something nasty above one of our bedrooms one day so I went into the attic and found the source. It was a dead squirrel that had bitten into the wrong wire and fried itself. Its' tail was pointing straight up. I had electricians come to inspect for additional damage and they came out of the attic shaking their heads and wondering how I hadn't already had a fire. Kill 'em all!

The older squirrels in my neighborhood must've advised the younger squirrels to stay out of my yard because they are no longer a problem for me. Every chance I get I give them naps with my .22 air rifle. A few years ago they were residing in my attic. I started smelling something nasty above one of our bedrooms one day so I went into the attic and found the source. It was a dead squirrel that had bitten into the wrong wire and fried itself. Its' tail was pointing straight up. I had electricians come to inspect for additional damage and they came out of the attic shaking their heads and wondering how I hadn't already had a fire. Kill 'em all!
My uncle had one climb into the vent pipe from the stove on the roof. When he figured out where the noise was coming from he removed the stove vent filter and out popped the little rascal. My uncle said he chased him all around the house until he could get him out an open door

My uncle had one climb into the vent pipe from the stove on the roof. When he figured out where the noise was coming from he removed the stove vent filter and out popped the little rascal. My uncle said he chased him all around the house until he could get him out an open door
1664463341331.png

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ohA327Bd7FfjkDpUA" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Back
Top Bottom