• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I hate squirrels

I killed 4 to 15 per day 2004 thru 2010. The police asked me not to use my 22 my pellet gun kills them more efficient. I killed 1 with a rock and 1 with a candel the impact stopped them and my shovel did the rest. 2016 stray cats came and a 9 pound female kills the squirrels and eats them. Now I see a squirrel once every 6 to 10 months. Hate the fers.
my pellet gun is a .22. for some reason the bb gun I used to have would drop them right where they were, but after hitting them with the .22 air gun they climb higher or run some distance before keeling over. I'm thinking that the .22 passes through them before they know they're hit and they take off. I watch as their tail starts to sag and then they flop.

I had a big one in the garage a few days ago, chased it out with a broom and she headed for the hills. Turns out though she had a baby in tow and that little thing was left behind. Didn't realize until it chewed through the wiring on the garage door sensor. I was actually down there on the ground fixing the wiring when the little thing popped its head out from behind a box. I was just gonna let the cat out there to deal with it but of course that made the family upset so I bought a live trap and caught the thing. We turned it loose on the big oak tree out front where mom lives, in a hollow maybe a dozen feet up.

you never realize how many are around you until you get settled in and quiet in a deer stand then its like a band leader tapping on his stand for the orchestra to begin.. never had one in the house though

Did you tell her the squirrels broke the candle?
No. I returned the candel safe and sound. This was 2007 8 years before back surgery. I had a strong arm. Now the squirrel would die laughing if I threw a rock at him.
I carry concealed and used to carry 2 rocks to throw at someone that pissed me off.

Back
Top Bottom