• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I won't own Springfield Armory Inc Guns.

I don't care that their guns aren't American made. Hell, besides my ARs most of my guns aren't. I just don't care for their deceiving marketing.

I care that lots of these guns aren't American made, but not enough to stop me from buying or using them.

I bought my XD because it is a proven gun that fits me well and I can shoot well. I don't care about the history of a product, just whether or not it's an excellent product or not. Same goes for their slogan, it's just a marketing tactic that seems to be successful.

Just to clarify, not all Springfield M1As are crap. The older ones, especially the pr e-ban models were built right using almost all, if not all USGI parts. The receivers are still cast but to be honest if you manage to break a cast M1A receiver you've either got huge problems or are shooting many thousands and thousands of dollars worth of ammo underwater.

That being said I do take a bit of offense to Springfield's market using the trust and honor that the ORIGNAL Springfield Armory earned by defending this country for so many years with quality AMERICAN made firearms. I do, however, still want a TRP Operator.

I have owned several Springfields over the years, and never had a problem with any of them. I do prefer Glock's and S&W, and do not own any Springfields now.

I don't care that their guns aren't American made. Hell, besides my ARs most of my guns aren't. I just don't care for their deceiving marketing.
I agree 100%. Good pistols, dishonest company.
As far as Ruger... When Bill Ruger was alive, he would not sell full-capacity Mini-14 magazines to the civilians. Apparently it has changed after his death.

Back
Top Bottom