• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why is black powder darn near dead?

Have y'all had problems with the top of the stock hitting your jawbone during the shot? It kept happening to me, and as a result, encouraged flinching, with the last kind of gun you should flinch with. We put some kind foam on the part of the stock and solved the problem, but it still sours the traditional look.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Have y'all had problems with the top of the stock hitting your jawbone during the shot? It kept happening to me, and as a result, encouraged flinching, with the last kind of gun you should flinch with. We put some kind foam on the part of the stock and solved the problem, but it still sours the traditional look.

Eat more lard biscuits, it'll puff your cheeks out.

That might not work. By increasing cheek size through the consumption of lard, it may help, however, it would decrease one's health.

There’s nothing better than waiting for the smoke to clear so you can see that white belly laying downrange! A well placed muzzleloader bullet hits as hard or nearly as hard, as a 12 gauge slug-not many times a second shot is needed. It’s a challenge that requires more patience than modern centerfires do.
I get mine out for the Primitive Weapons season every year and have been known to break it out for population control later on during the season.
Not to mention that there are public land hunting opportunities to capitalize on.

PaleoPlanet is a primitive Skills forum, based on Tapatalk. I think I subscribed to this one because of its name and what it is about. Anyway, I think all tactical gear looks like and feels like ****and has no soul, those who waste (yes, waste) their hard earned currency on stocked removed knives, instead of hand forged ones, are crazy, in addition to having no blood, sweat, tears, soul, or character put in to the making of stock removed knives. If you really want to be a real woodsman, quit being lazy and ignorant and conplaining about weak **** such as "it's too long to reload" or "it's outdated" (a most repulsive remark), and get with the game. I am disappointed with a lot of hunters and outdoorsman today.

and done.

There’s nothing better than waiting for the smoke to clear so you can see that white belly laying downrange! A well placed muzzleloader bullet hits as hard or nearly as hard, as a 12 gauge slug-not many times a second shot is needed. It’s a challenge that requires more patience than modern centerfires do.
I get mine out for the Primitive Weapons season every year and have been known to break it out for population control later on during the season.
Not to mention that there are public land hunting opportunities to capitalize on.

1002161824.jpg

Biggest deer I've ever shot was with BP. Went 10 yards and reared up and fell over dead.

When you have to work so hard to load it you make sure tat every shot counts lol I was pretty impressed with how accurate it was even though it has about a 12 pound trigger lol

Yep

Our church does an annual father / kid campout with fishing and guns and next year I’m gonna get a lever or pump .22

I took my 10/22 for anyone to shoot and most people just want to do mag dumps

They don’t care how accurate they are

My son kept ticking off the camp organizer by actually aiming and shooting the string that held up the targets

Back
Top Bottom