• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is the FDA Shielding Smokers from the GOOD News about E-Cigarettes?

Thanks for this post! It has amazed me how much e-cigs have come under attack and the amount of BS that is being spread about them. I have actively promoted them to every health professional I come in contact with through my business. I tell them that if they are trying to help someone quit, this is the way to do it. If it will work for me, it will work for anyone. I smoked three packs a day for 35 years. The first day I smoked a Green Smoke e-cig was the last day I smoked a real cig. That was almost 5 months ago. Never a slip. I am also down to the lowest nicotine content now and will be going to the zero nicotine version soon.

I can second this. I saw a very clear change in Bear when he started using his Green e-cig. His drive and motivation went through the roof. He wanted to go hunting more and shooting. He has started focusing on working out and getting back into shape. I've very proud of you Bear! I'm in the health industry and I recommend them to people who are trying to quit. I've seen what they can do first hand to someone that literally "LOVED" smoking.

Thanks for this post! It has amazed me how much e-cigs have come under attack and the amount of BS that is being spread about them. I have actively promoted them to every health professional I come in contact with through my business. I tell them that if they are trying to help someone quit, this is the way to do it. If it will work for me, it will work for anyone. I smoked three packs a day for 35 years. The first day I smoked a Green Smoke e-cig was the last day I smoked a real cig. That was almost 5 months ago. Never a slip. I am also down to the lowest nicotine content now and will be going to the zero nicotine version soon.

I can second this. I saw a very clear change in Bear when he started using his Green e-cig. His drive and motivation went through the roof. He wanted to go hunting more and shooting. He has started focusing on working out and getting back into shape. I've very proud of you Bear! I'm in the health industry and I recommend them to people who are trying to quit. I've seen what they can do first hand to someone that literally "LOVED" smoking.

anybody here ever try snorting concrete dust? me neither, just wondering.

I bought a cheap convenience store e cig back when they first came out. I still have it somewhere I think ...but it sucks and tastes like crap...one of my coworkers let me try hers the other night...not sure what she had in it but..tasted good...I'm going e cig shopping this weekend if I ever wake up. (freaking night shift)

I tried some of Arc's Angel Dust once.....Does that count :confused2:

Yeah, the gas station stuff is junk; you can get started with a decent kit and a few different kinds of juice for under $100

Last edited:
If you try an e-cig and it doesn't work for you, don't give up on the idea. I tried a half dozen brands over several years before finding one that worked.

Some taste like crap, some have a very heavy and unpleasant drag, some do not have a substantial enough throat hit and many do not last as long as they claim they will so they are cost prohibitive.

The Green Smoke is the only one I recommend. It has none of the negatives I listed. One thing you need to be prepared for is that you hit e-cigs a little different that a real one. A slightly slower hit is needed for best results, but you will adapt to it in no time at all. Also, start with the highest nicotine content available regardless of what cig you smoke now.

One thing that I tried to figure out when I started was when to put it down for a while. One cartomizer and battery is equivalent to an entire pack of smokes. I was worried I would just keep smoking and smoking the e-cig without pause. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!! Smoke as much as you want. Even if you are smoking more to start with, it will revert back to your normal amount on it's own. Whenever you have the urge, SMOKE THE E-CIG. If you do, there is almost no urge to smoke a real cig. It really is that easy once you find the right one for you.

I'm speaking of the e-cigs that look like real cigs. The systems that are like mini bongs with juice you put in them are different and I have no experience with them. I just like the connivance of a disposable cartomizer.

Last edited:
If you try an e-cig and it doesn't work for you, don't give up on the idea. I tried a half dozen brands over several years before finding one that worked.

Some taste like crap, some have a very heavy and unpleasant drag, some do not have a substantial enough throat hit and many do not last as long as they claim they will so they are cost prohibitive.

The Green Smoke is the only one I recommend. It has none of the negatives I listed. One thing you need to be prepared for is that you hit e-cigs a little different that a real one. A slightly slower hit is needed for best results, but you will adapt to it in no time at all. Also, start with the highest nicotine content available regardless of what cig you smoke now.

One thing that I tried to figure out when I started was when to put it down for a while. One cartomizer and battery is equivalent to an entire pack of smokes. I was worried I would just keep smoking and smoking the e-cig without pause. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!! Smoke as much as you want. Even if you are smoking more to start with, it will revert back to your normal amount on it's own. Whenever you have the urge, SMOKE THE E-CIG. If you do, there is almost no urge to smoke a real cig. It really is that easy once you find the right one for you.

I'm speaking of the e-cigs that look like real cigs. The systems that are like mini bongs with juice you put in them are different and I have no experience with them. I just like the connivance of a disposable cartomizer.

Never tried the greensmoke. I ended up going with a mod because I can fill it up put a battery in it and vape for a day and a half without messing with it.
VamoV3 w/smok tech carto tank. Whatever works for you is the best one. I too went through many before I was satisfied.

Never tried the greensmoke. I ended up going with a mod because I can fill it up put a battery in it and vape for a day and a half without messing with it.
VamoV3 w/smok tech carto tank. Whatever works for you is the best one. I too went through many before I was satisfied.

Just like an EDC, the key is to find what works for you.

Jay you act like the government is out for our best interests and stupid.
Tobacco means big $$$$$$, from tax dollars to medical dollars.

I was a 3 pack a day-er for 20 years. I quit a few times but quitters never win so I quit quitting. ;) When I hit 40 I had a life scare and sat down and decided it was time. I quit cold turkey..well, tried the inhalers but they felt like plastic tip cigars so I bought a pack of Marlboros, tore half off one and carried the unlit half around in my mouth until it was too soggy to stand, repeated that for half the pack and was done.

As to the FDA giving it's blessing on e-cigs? Think about it...when is the last time you ever heard of a government agency intentionally steering people away from a tax generating revenue stream? If you e-smoke they lose all the taxes on real cigarettes. THEN how will the fund obama-care etc?

The Federal government is conspiring against e-cigs b/c of the tax revenue? Really? You don't think they could just as easily tax e-cigarettes?

I do think these are a good idea for those wanting to work towards quitting, but the fact of the matter is that you are still getting nicotine and still have an addiction. You cut out the vast majority of the bad stuff from tobacco, but nicotine is still a toxin, and a pretty potent one.

My guess, admittedly without doing any research on it, is that people switching to e-cigs are not planning on quitting the habit, just the tar and other crap in tobacco. I think the FDA does not want to condone the ingestion of a toxin without a plan towards quitting like there is with the patch, etc.

Has any e-cig company produced a plan to quit nicotine that they have submitted for FDA approval? I am betting not, because that would be a plan to quit their product.

Don't get me wrong, I am for anything to get people to quit cigarettes - wish I could get my dad to switch to these. I wish everyone in the world who smokes cigarettes would and could switch to these. I hope 300's business goes completely through the roof and he becomes a gajilllionaire. But the article accusing the FDA of trying to protect tax revenue from cigarettes is disingenuous at best. I do think these are a huge health benefit for those who switch, but you can't really expect the FDA to condone a continuing nicotine addiction.

Back
Top Bottom