• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why oh why will they not make AR 15s with iron sights anymore?

I'm not a fan of flip-up iron sights that clamp on an accessory rail, either, BUT...

... But I don't want to own two AR-pattern rifles, one with the carry handle and fixed iron sights, and another flat-top for shooting with optics.

Having one gun that's a flat-top and can be fitted with any kind of sighting option (irons, red dot, magnifying scope...) is just more practical.

And if you're going to shoot with a real scope cranked up to 4X or better and expecting good accuracy out to a few hundred yards, you'll want your scope mounted nice and low, not perched on top of a 3" high pedestal.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/30/colt-to-introduce-new-reproduction-vietnam-era-ar-15s/

Colt's going to do a limited production run of carry-handle receiver AR's.
I want one that looks like an M16A1. Slide side, no forward assist, pencil barrel, 3-prong flash hider.
I'll even put up with the 1:12 twist or whatever rifling rate they used back in the day. I'll probably only shoot 55 grain bullet through it anyway.

the m16a1 is the model that added the forward assist, different sight adjustments and the chrome lined bbl...

Back
Top Bottom