• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why so many Scorpions for sale on ODT?

According to CZ, the old one is 5lb, the new one is 4.7lb. The barrel is shorter on thw new one, hence thw S3+ micro name. The original now has a hbi forend. They are the 2 on the left.

Attachments

• 20221127_151647.jpg
    20221127_151647.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 45
I don't understand the fascination with the AR platform and it's mag release. I just got really excited to hear about the new scorpion and as soon as I saw the video explaining the "upgrades" I just lost all interest. I like my guns unique, i like the learning curve they require. It was the same with the tavor vs the x95. I can see the life or death application for a faster/ one handed mag release but don't yall get tired of every gun having the same operation? Maybe it's just me but I'll stick with my binary scorpion and tavor Sar. Both are fully decked out in upgrades and I just like the different feel.

I don't understand the fascination with the AR platform and it's mag release. I just got really excited to hear about the new scorpion and as soon as I saw the video explaining the "upgrades" I just lost all interest. I like my guns unique, i like the learning curve they require. It was the same with the tavor vs
I don't understand the fascination with the AR platform and it's mag release. I just got really excited to hear about the new scorpion and as soon as I saw the video explaining the "upgrades" I just lost all interest. I like my guns unique, i like the learning curve they require. It was the same with the tavor vs the x95. I can see the life or death application for a faster/ one handed mag release but don't yall get tired of every gun having the same operation? Maybe it's just me but I'll stick with my binary scorpion and tavor Sar. Both are fully decked out in upgrades and I just like the different feel.
It's all about what you are used to. I like the new style since most of my other pccs have ar controls. I do like the original style lower as well, since like you said, it's diffent. I think my next purchase will be a MP5 clone, so the mag release will be similar.

There is a newer model out that is a little thinner and a weighs a little less that people may be trying to upgrade to. I sold mine sometime back and have regretted it ever since. I'm def going to replace it soon. They are a ball to shoot! (but expensive to feed with todays ammo cost)

Reminds me when I sold off my Ruger 77/357 in stainless before covid hit the fan. I noticed Ruger was coming out with a threaded model and figured I'd upgrade later....things didn't go as planned.

Also kick myself for not buying a CZ Scorpion when the local store had them @ $699 when covid was in it's early stages.

There is a newer model out that is a little thinner and a weighs a little less that people may be trying to upgrade to. I sold mine sometime back and have regretted it ever since. I'm def going to replace it soon. They are a ball to shoot! (but expensive to feed with todays ammo cost)
They just don't do it for me as far as 9mm PDWs go. Maybe that's cause I'm a poor. But I have a $500.00 Extar EP9 that I really dig even though it has a good bit more plastic than I expected. But... Glock mags, last round hold open, takes any AR style trigger group...what'snot to like?

Back
Top Bottom