• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why the hate for the S&W 40 cal

I like 40. Works for me. No problem with recoil or "snappiness". A lot of factory180 gr are subsonic and cheaper than 45. I buy ga arms reloads (not 180gr) for practice never had an issue with them and they are cheap in bulk. Not really worried about ballistics at pistol ranges although out of my glock 24 I can reliably shoot 50 yards which is the upper limit of my expectations of a pistol. The round is bigger than 9 mill. It's going to create a bigger wound. The 9 mill ammo that will create a wound like the 40 isnt the cheap stuff. Ammo always around and due to people always "getting out of 40" on here you can get good bulk deals quite often. Just like any firearm and caliber choice shoot it often and it will work for you when you need it. Every firearm and caliber is a compromise in some way. Learn your tools, where they shine, where they dont and use them in the window they excel. Just my 2 cents to put on the eyes of the dead horse to make sure he gets over the river.

I bought my duty G22 for a song, with several magazines. I have a good number of rounds to go with it. I bought a 9mm conversion barrel and a .357 Sig barrel. I'm happy with it.
I never had any problem with .40, I wouldn't want to be shot with one

My wife's best friend carries a little bobbed hammer lady smith...+p 38spl is no joke in that thing, classic punch you in the hand. I dont own pistols in .40 s&w. I have in the past...but i consolidated calibers. I dont think it is going anywhere, too many people like it.

Back
Top Bottom