• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wine making

galvatron

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
83   0
Reaction score
So the wife decided to try making wine. She picked up a kit and supplies at the local brew shop. Now 28 days +/- later we're bottling it.
Had to pull a couple samples, for quality control purposes and purely scientific study only.....
20160121_192317.jpg

In order
Liquor/shine
Wine
Beer

The wine kit was easy, pour it in a bucket add yeast wait 2 weeks +/-. Transfer to carboy add some stuff mix it up wait 2 more weeks +/-. Bottle and enjoy
good deal

i personally like sweeter wines, made out of blackberrys and stuff

Looks good.... Quality & Taste?

I don't normally drink wine, more of a milk or Pepsi guy. This stuff is actually pretty good. We finished off about 2 bottles wine bottling it last night.
Google Cru wine kits for a better idea on actual quality, being an uncultured redneck my opinion ain't with much.....

good deal

i personally like sweeter wines, made out of blackberrys and stuff

You'd probably like this, it's acai raspberry something. It's not sugary sweet but it's not like normal red wine. Like I said in another post, I really don't have a clue when it come s to wine. Ask me about milk, I can help ya. I go through 2 gallons a week by

You'd probably like this, it's acai raspberry something. It's not sugary sweet but it's not like normal red wine. Like I said in another post, I really don't have a clue when it come s to wine. Ask me about milk, I can help ya. I go through 2 gallons a week by
where did you get the kit from?

What sort of $ per gallon do the kits work out at ?

The wife ran the math quick last night and IIRC it comes out to $2 a bottle. The kit was $78 and makes 6 gallons. The cost does not include bottles and the other stuff we picked up. The "hardware" kit, bucket/carboy/bottles/misc stuff is a reusable.

Back
Top Bottom