• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WMA Shooting Range Etiquettes/ unspoken rules.

Were you breaking this rule:

14. Double tapping or rapid fire is prohibited. Shooters shall allow at least one second between shots.

I made sure to not do that. Just drawing when the shot timer went off and fired one shot on target to see how long it'll take. Always made sure sights are acquired before firing, almost all "A" zone hits.

That.
I have (well until the closing in less than two weeks) my own place to 'train' any way I want. WMA ranges have to adhere to strict rules and that includes the lowest common denominator. Practically speaking, public ranges are for sighting in long guns, and stationary fixed position handgun practice. Many private ranges have more flexibility.

Lowest common denominator is the key to public ranges. Everyone has a story of stupid at a public range. Image how different that story would be if they only had the 3 basic "Always" rules of gun handling.

I made sure to not do that. Just drawing when the shot timer went off and fired one shot on target to see how long it'll take. Always made sure sights are acquired before firing, almost all "A" zone hits.

Then piss on them. There are no unwritten rules, and if there was, they wouldn't be followed by every one.

I hated going to WMA. One time, I went there and this old dude called cold range after EVERY shot he made to walk down there and cover it.

I'd smiled real big and said, whur you-uns from, did yuall hear them banjos a while ago, thats cousin Nate
purdy lips.gif

Tell them to STFU and mind their own business. Most public ranges are one of two things:

1. Wanna be gangsters shooting everything but the target

and

2. fudds who waste their two boxes of ammo their wife let them buy at bass pro to zero their deer rifle for the season. After their door sized, three shot group, they are zeroed and ready for that monster whitetail.

Back
Top Bottom