• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman hunting hogs, mistakes man for hog in her thermal scope, and kills him

Might be time to start wearing one of those IR visible chemlights for night hunting. You could be mistaken for a hog easily by just sitting on the ground.
I use an ATN-X (with IR light) which will see IR, but I don't think a thermal will see it. Still a good idea though, so I don't shoot at you...

My other half realizes it's her fault. I hope she serves time and is an example of why we must be responsible. As hunters and gun enthusiasts, we are 100% responsible for every bullet that leaves our guns - no excuses.

I understand the sentiment, but this would appear to be a genuine accident, I'm not sure what locking her up would achieve, I very much doubt it would raise hunter awareness, I mean look at how many are shot wearing orange, during the day, standing upright.

Terrible for all involved.

All I can envision is a group think consisting of Chuck Schumer, Nanci Pelosi and a gaggle of rino republicans jerking each other off behind closed doors while thinking about how they're gonna spin this in order to demonize, hunters, guns and especially the type of scope used by the woman.
Truly a tragedy you know they will capitalize on.

My first thought was the guy probably dropped his darn headlight and was foraging for it or something else he dropped.
I'd love to see the scope recording to give my opinion on wether or not the woman needs sympathy or a kick in the elbow for being such a negligent numb nut.

It's the hunter's fault, not the scope, but if you've ever looked through cheap thermal, there is a lot left to the imagination. Spend good money on good equipment.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom