• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman hunting hogs, mistakes man for hog in her thermal scope, and kills him

At least there is a scope recording, so there can't be any "other" stories now. Sad all the way around. Be safe our there and as we say where we hunt, its not us that we worry about; but the person we don't know is there.

Might be time to start wearing one of those IR visible chemlights for night hunting. You could be mistaken for a hog easily by just sitting on the ground.

It seems to me all involved should have known exactly where every other hunter would be, thats the way I've always hunted.

It seems to me all involved should have known exactly where every other hunter would be, thats the way I've always hunted.

The best I could tell from the poorly written/informative article was they all had permission, but were they all aware of one another hunting?

I tell my Nephews that I don't care if they hunt my property, but let me know. Myself, and anyone else that is hunting my property needs to be informed of others with permission and their location. Anyone that doesn't have permission and gets shot, well then it's all on them.

The best I could tell from the poorly written/informative article was they all had permission, but were they all aware of one another hunting?

I tell my Nephews that I don't care if they hunt my property, but let me know. Myself, and anyone else that is hunting my property needs to be informed of others with permission and their location. Anyone that doesn't have permission and gets shot, well then it's all on them.

Yep! That's the way we’ve always done too. You're correct on the article, not good enough explanation of the process they had. Poor planning was at fault!

Back
Top Bottom