Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
Interesting to note.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127
Carrying weapons in unauthorized locations; penalty

(d) Subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply:
(2) To a license holder who approaches security or management personnel upon arrival at a location described in subsection (b) of this Code section and notifies such security or management personnel of the presence of the weapon or long gun and explicitly follows the security or management personnel's direction for removing, securing, storing, or temporarily surrendering such weapon or long gun;

Does this create any requirement of say, your local courthouse, to have a means to "check" your EDC when you arrive at their building?

An officer at our local courthouse dang near drew down on me when I simply asked if there was a way to check a firearm at their facility when entering.
It was unsettling to say the least.
Fortunately for me at that point I had nothing but my wallet and keys.

By the wording, they would most likely just tell you to remove it, and yourself from the property.
"security or management personnel's direction for removing, securing, storing, or temporarily surrendering"
The word "or" does not imply they have to do all of the options, just one of them.

You can't carry in the parking lot of your local court house, much less go inside and ask to check a weapon.

Actually, you can carry in the parking lot, if you are inside your car, or have it in a secured compartment or container.

"(d) Subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply:

(3) To a weapon or long gun possessed by a license holder which is under the possessor's control in a motor vehicle or is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle and such vehicle is parked in a parking facility."

Actually, you can carry in the parking lot, if you are inside your car, or have it in a secured compartment or container.

"(d) Subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply:

(3) To a weapon or long gun possessed by a license holder which is under the possessor's control in a motor vehicle or is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle and such vehicle is parked in a parking facility."

Right, but walking across the parking lot with a CCW and or entering a government building is not "in a motor vehicle or is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle and such vehicle is parked in a parking facility."

The "security officer" should tell you to take it back to your car.
I personally would not want to be responsible for some "Joe Blows" Hipoint...lol

Back
Top Bottom