• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Working with women.

Jblue

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
159   1
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who has this problem. I work for an extension of Piedmont directly with 3 surgeons. Office staff is 15 strong, 3 male surgeons, 2 male techs, and 1 male me. It is a freaking nightmare coming in to work and constantly being harangued into acknowledging all the petty, childish dramatics that women bring into the workplace. I didn't hear so and so say such and such. No she did not look at you funny. If you feel that way about her, go tell HER that. Okay the patient is musty; if I was 80 I wouldn't wear old spice either! I lose so much time out of my day trying to drown out the sound of gab and gossip. I am audiologically assaulted with the personal problems of my coworkers that were not raised to believe should be PRIVATE. Rant over. Just tired of feeling like I work in a daycare.

I just sat in a meeting with 3 and me. When one of them tried to make a point the other two would start nodding and look at me like I was supposed to be nodding with them! I enlightened them on the subject matter and shut that crap down. Meeting was adjourned with 3 little po'ed ladies clicking down the hallway.

I can't be the only one who has this problem. I work for an extension of Piedmont directly with 3 surgeons. Office staff is 15 strong, 3 male surgeons, 2 male techs, and 1 male me. It is a freaking nightmare coming in to work and constantly being harangued into acknowledging all the petty, childish dramatics that women bring into the workplace. I didn't hear so and so say such and such. No she did not look at you funny. If you feel that way about her, go tell HER that. Okay the patient is musty; if I was 80 I wouldn't wear old spice either! I lose so much time out of my day trying to drown out the sound of gab and gossip. I am audiologically assaulted with the personal problems of my coworkers that were not raised to believe should be PRIVATE. Rant over. Just tired of feeling like I work in a daycare.
Whenever I'm around a bunch of squawking hens I just turn off my hearing aids but I'm sure that's no help at all. Sorry.:noidea:

You think it's hard working with Women in the civilian world. In, the Military when you get females assigned to your unit, you better hope she's on top of her game. Because, if she turns out to be a Real Ho, and starts sleeping with your Squad mates your f---ked. Because the guys she sleeps with will have there own informal groups, and your unit cohesiveness is SHOT TO HELL!! I will not talk about Fake rapes, women problems when they need to work, crying Im Pregnant when it's Deployment time, not wanting to work because they had a argument with there boyfriend. And, the minute you put them in there place. They REPORT you to Social Actions( Military Investigation Team), so now you are investigated when you are cleared the girl in question has moved on to another unit. Not, all women are like the one I describe but the Young Hot Ones are always TROUBLE!

I've had similar issues at work and just naturally tuned the women out when they start complaining consistently. They will pick up on my short, one-word answers and overall lack of returned enthusiasm being put back into the conversation. It also helps to have other things your doing, so they realize you don't have time for it. They will either change their tune and save that bubble gum talk for someone who they'll get a reaction out of, or sometimes completely not talk to me unless they need something, or I'm asking them something. Either way is a win over the current situation.

Back
Top Bottom