• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Workman's comp and tree company...

Here's the dance you have to do for WC.

The contractor will produce a certificate of insurance. Problem is, it's only valid through the date it's issued.

The certificate should show the agent that placed the insurance, so you have to call the agent, and verify that the insurance is valid through today's date. If it is, then the AGENT needs to send you an email, fax is better if they are still using that, to that effect, that ABC Inc. has WC through today's date.

My father was a construction superintendent for nearly 50 years, then got "bumped up" to lost control officer for a major Atlanta construction company, and they did this routine for every sub that set foot on the property.

For me to not pay 1:1 like you (I’m aprox 1/5:1 on roofing and trees) maybe it’s due to my paying 5k annual WC rates plus Columbia has my other business insurance as well, totaling 40k but my secretary never mentioned us receiving any refund on unused portion of WC like you get.

W/C insurance is audited every year. If you overpaid, you get a refund/ credit. If you under pay........... Break out the check book.

Back
Top Bottom