Worst part about being a motorcycle lover

Seven months ago yesterday I broke the hell outta my leg and haven't been back on the bike since then. Now that I think I'm about ready to get back in the saddle my freakin' battery is dead as a doornail, won't even take a dang charge. Now I gotta buy a new battery before I can ride, at least that's all I need to get back to riding.

I went out to crank mine the other day to find my battery is on its way out. A new one is only $150!!! Those things are insanely expensive.

Battery tenders are less than 20 bucks. I keep one on every bike and lawn mower in the shed. Money well spent.

Battery tenders are less than 20 bucks. I keep one on every bike and lawn mower in the shed. Money well spent.

I got 14 years out of a stock Harley battery and I can only believe it was because of the battery tender.
I don't believe I ever got even 6 years out of a battery before...

Seven months ago yesterday I broke the hell outta my leg and haven't been back on the bike since then. Now that I think I'm about ready to get back in the saddle my freakin' battery is dead as a doornail, won't even take a dang charge. Now I gotta buy a new battery before I can ride, at least that's all I need to get back to riding.
Trinkle chargers are your battery's friend.

I got 14 years out of a stock Harley battery and I can only believe it was because of the battery tender.

Trinkle chargers are your battery's friend.
In 47 plus years of riding motorcycles I've never needed a battery tender, I ride year round so my battery stays charged. But getting laid up stuck in the house for 7 weeks after surgery I didn't even think about a tender, I had my youngest son come by once a week and take it out for a ride but he got real busy working on his house and didn't get time to come ride it for me for a whole month. That month we had some really cold nights and I guess that's what killed it. Guess I better go ahead and get one of those tenders when I get my new battery, I'm probably not gonna get to ride like I used to because of this dang leg. Some days it just don't wanna cooperate and keep me standing up. Getting older ain't all it's cracked up to be, this **** hurts! Lol!

This is year #7 on one I bought at Earl Smalls back in 2009 at a sidewalk sale they were having. Paid $45.00 for it. When scooter is sitting, battery tender is running. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom