• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst recoiling gun you've shot.

40 years ago, right after high school, I purchased a "sporterized" 8mm Mauser K98 at a pawn shop and a box of ammunition. It was the first real firearm I owned; I had fired a .410 shotgun at clays with adult supervision years before, so I thought the rifle would be about the same. An open field surrounded by hills was where I was told was a good place to shoot. I loaded the rifle, closed the bolt, took aim at the cardboard box I had set up, and....Kr-AAAK! Good God! It was like a thunderclap a foot from my ears, plus the kick took me by surprise. I didn't know to pull the butt tightly against my shoulder, nor was "hearing protection" a big thing in the early 1980s. Not only was my shoulder sore, but I couldn't hear anything for several minutes. It was like somebody had snuck up behind me and whacked me on the back of the head with a 2 x 4.

500 Nitro Express…😵‍💫

Attachments

• IMG_4462.jpeg
    IMG_4462.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6022.jpeg
    IMG_6022.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 14
Any air weight revolver in .357 or larger caliber with tiny stock grips. My S&W 360 PD with hot .357 loads and stock grips destroys the center of my palm. One cylinder is enough.

Back
Top Bottom