Worth it or not?

In addition to the unknown factors of getting it titled in Ga. You might want to check into what unknown factors you will run into getting it insured.

Most of the time they don't care, until it's totaled again and they are assesing value. If you have one total through your insurance, they will have you carry liability only if it's drivable, then you can add comp/coll back after repaired, with proof.

Most of the time they don't care, until it's totaled again and they are assesing value. If you have one total through your insurance, they will have you carry liability only if it's drivable, then you can add comp/coll back after repaired, with proof.

Well thats good. I didn't know. Haven't ever fooled with a vehicle that had a salvage title

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE...

This. Professionally speaking, it's a veritable landmine. Unless you are really handy fixing stuff, you don't know what you are getting.

That said, my SO had a salvage titled automobile that was very serviceable for a number of years.

BUT

She purchased it from a local (like right here) garage with an impeccable reputation, who more or less gave her a lifetime warranty on fixing anything related to the rebuild.

I was really really skeptical, but it worked out o.k.

Unless you have the same kind of relationship, I say run away, run fast. Life is just too short.

But you shouldn't have any trouble getting a GA. title. Talking to your tag commissioner is the best advice on here.

My Hemi 4X4 Extended Cab Monster 06, I purchased in 2010 with 33k miles on it..Went through it with a fine tooth comb and purchased it..The whole frt end had been taken off. I have serviced it with Mobil One synthetic oil every 5k, and now it is at 130k miles..It is a monster and I have no regrets.

I did this with a truck I bought in Alabama. It was easy and cost me around 200-300 bucks. I can't remember exactly. The paper work looked horrible when I looked online so I just drove down to the tag office. They gave me some phone numbers and I had it inspected that day. It took forever for them to get the Ga salvage title to me. I drove it for a couple months with a hero tag applied for piece of cardboard.

I thought SC didn't bother with salvage titles

I'd watch out for that

I've bought a couple of vehicles that were totaled and had salvage titles

It's much more difficult to repair them now

When the car dealers bribed the state legislature to bring back the sales tax on private sales
That also made a law where private individuals can not repair a car with a salvage title anymore

You have to be a liscensed auto repair shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom