Worth it or not?

The title should transfer without issue. There's a good chance it was totalled simply due to the cost of repairs, not because the damage was crippling. Have it inspected. Specifically - make sure that the frame isn't bent.

If you look at the ga DMV website it looks as if I have to turn it into a rebuilt title and it appears its quite the process. I'm not sure if I would be getting in over my head or not and don't wanna be stuck unable to register it in georgia or having an ass pain doing so

1. Salvage Non-removable
    This brand/legend is used when a vehicle that has a salvage title is transferred from the insurance company to a new owner and the owner has not presented the proper information indicating the vehicle has been repaired and inspected. This brand/legend is carried forward to all subsequent titles. Titles received from out of state that have a “salvage” brand/legend should be marked as salvage non-removable. In addition, Out of State titles branded “salvage rebuildable” will be assigned a salvage non-removable brand.

My knowledge goes back several years so only use my info as a general guide.
There was a specific process that must be followed from the beginning of the repair until the completion of the paperwork and submission of the request for a rebuilt title.
I would make sure e complete process could be successfully followed before paying more than the scrap price.
I believe that pictures and parts receipts were required for rebuilt title submission

Is there anyone on ODT that can write about the current process from recent first hand knowledge?

My brother did it.
It was way more expensive than he thought.
The State made him fix everything, no matter how small, without regard to cost/benefit analysis.
He said he'd never do it again.

That's what I was afraid of. South Carolina doesn't give a **** it appears. They will register it and give you plates with the salvage title. Based in what I read on the dot website ga will not. Wish I lived in S.C. just long enough to register it lol

I was under the impression that it was titled and also tagged in Carolina, which would make it easier bring to Ga. Sounds as if the owner doesn't want to thread the process in his own state.

Its still a SC salvage. It says Salvage Non-Rem.

1. If it is already rebuilt with a salvage title, the state will ask that you have the person who built it get a rebuilt tit'll from SC before it is transfered to you. Especially if it is coming from a dealer in SC.

2.The state may also require you to get a title bond, if it has been rebuilt out of state with salvage title.

3.If it has been rebuilt, and the person can simply got get SC rebuilt title and transfer that to you, then it's a simplementation process from there on getting a GA Rebuilt title!

In addition to the unknown factors of getting it titled in Ga. You might want to check into what unknown factors you will run into getting it insured.

Back
Top Bottom