Would anyone be interested in my lawyers trust?

Ive then such edited my OG post, I will give it to people if they need a sterilized trust

again, if it really is a custom trust and not some form which is public domain, I do not think you are allowed to even give it away. It would be no different than reprinting copies of some book and handing them out for free on the street. Try it with the Bible and you are good to go. Try it with the latest Harry Potter book and you are going to jail.

This would be true. But the whole "practicing law" is not close. But I'm betting his "personalized" trust is nothing more than the standard form conveniently edited for just this purpose.

So you're saying I should keep it under lock and key and make other people pay for something that can be edited?

again, if it really is a custom trust and not some form which is public domain, I do not think you are allowed to even give it away. It would be no different than reprinting copies of some book and handing them out for free on the street. Try it with the Bible and you are good to go. Try it with the latest Harry Potter book and you are going to jail.
PM Sent, we shall see what you think of it.

So you're saying I should keep it under lock and key and make other people pay for something that can be edited?

There is a copy of the Brown form which many of us paid for in the NFA section of this site. Anybody can use this form for free and the NFA accepts it. I wouldn't open yourself up to the liability of sharing your trust with anyone. They can use the Brown form, they can use Quicken willmaker, or they can do what you and I and many others did and pay a lawyer.

the difference in that is that the latest harry potter book has been submitted and registered as copyrighted material with each country that it is for sale in.

I got my trust from an15.com (Maryland shooter version that has been posted there for a while) edited the names, added the word "unaffiliated" to the health and mental health provisions (so makes it harder to be railroaded if my wife and I ever get into it) and sent away with a not so crisp $1 bill as the property. cleared with no issues

While it is not the primary problem here, there is no requirement to submit and register an item for copyright laws to attach. As soon as their is a creation in tangible form (i.e., the attorney wrote it), it would be protected by copyright laws.

No, but some friends of mine had shiny bracelets put on them for doing quicken will maker trusts for people and their nfa stuff

Guys-

This is the bottom line. The ATF does not play with class III violations.

I know the OP's intentions are not to screw people up, but I sure would feel more comfortable doing this sort of thing with an experienced lawyer. I think part of what you pay for is consultation. It would be nice to know how all this stuff works-and not guess.

Big, big problems can come from people trying to play lawyer and making one small mistake.

the trust isn't truly an atf document. the trust sets up joint property ownership for non-nfa items at it's inception. it is then notarized which makes it a legal entity with control of the common property. then you send the info on the existing legal entity to the atf to take ownership of the nfa item. I am not sure they even look at the trust more than to verify that it is notarized and the name matches what is on the form 1/4. if there is an issue, then they send back as an error. if it is approved, then they have signed off that the submitted trust is valid for taking ownership of said nfa taxed items.
you could also technically set up an llc and do the same process.

Back
Top Bottom