• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would it be legal to shoot this guy in this situation?

Okay, but my question to you is how do you know he is now unarmed? Who is to say that he doesnt have some other weapon? And if his intent is still to harm the woman then what does it matter?

If you don't KNOW he has another weapon, you can't act as if he does. You can't assume anything. Also, if he is not apparently armed, you can't take any more action than if you saw a guy beating up his girlfriend. You can intervene, but you can't use deadly force. Even if you walked in on a rape in progress, you can't just walk up and kill the guy (no matter how much you want to), unless there is a weapon involved.

There is a slim possibility that disparity would come into play, but that would be a very shady area and the overwhelming legal question would be if you could have stopped it without killing him.

Hey, LEO guys, if I'm wrong on this please let me know.

Last edited:
If you don't KNOW he has another weapon, you can't act as if he does. You can't assume anything. Also, if he is not apparently armed, you can't take any more action than if you saw a guy beating up his girlfriend. You can intervene, but you can't use deadly force. Even if you walked in on a rape in progress, you can't just walk up and kill the guy (no matter how much you want to), unless there is a weapon involved.

There is a slim possibility that disparity would come into play, but that would be a very shady area and the overwhelming legal question would be if you could have stopped it without killing him.

Hey, LEO guys, if I'm wrong on this please let me know.

Yes, but rape is a felony, and harmful or deadly force can be used to stop a felony in progress. Is this not correct?

Yes, but rape is a felony, and harmful or deadly force can be used to stop a felony in progress. Is this not correct?

Not "any" felony in general..read the Ga. Code man before you get in real trouble.
The use of deadly force is seriously restricted ..don't think or guess your life away.

I think the term is "forcible felony". Use of deadly force can only occur legally if "ability", "opportunity", and "jeopardy" (intent) exist. Like Badger said, read the code.....carefully.

Back
Top Bottom