• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would like to swap

From what I read and see, it looks like he may be trying to seat and crimp at the same time. I have found it best to do these in separate stages.
Also, powder coated projectiles usually require that the case mouth be flared a little more than when using plated or jacketed projectiles.

Does these loaded rounds pass the plunk test? Will they drop into your chamber with ease? If so., I would guess the problem might be the loading procedure. They should not have the coating scraped off as the one in the picture. That in itself can cause big priblems grouping and leading. Wallacem

If they are grossly oversized for use in 9mm, assuming you have one or are willing to purchase one, you can run them thru the Lee push thru sizer the size you want. It won't hurt the coating at all. I size all of my cast boolits after I powder coat them.

Rosewood
^^^ Run them through a .355 Lee push through

Update.. yes they check out good with a case gauge
They are seating better now and loading better .. talked with a guy here on the site that makes and shoots these bullets.. he advised me to seat them deeper.. 1.06 col.. that seemed to be my problem I guess.. I wasn’t seated them deep enough.. got all pulled and started over with the good ones.. once I started pulling with the collet type puller it was a lot easier.. they seem to shoot just fine now.. but I still like the copper bullets a lot more

Back
Top Bottom