• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you ever consider buying a whole trust?

I'm wondering if you are thinking about selling the ownership of the entire trust? A person wouldn't have to pay the tax stamp since the trust owns the item and the item isn't leaving the trust

What would a whole trust cost? (If that info is not too private to put in public)

Once a person obtains a trust, can other NFA items be added? If so...how many? At what cost per?

(Just curious....i do not have those kind of funds so don’t take this as any kind of intrest to buy)

from what im reading, the property has to be transferred out of the trust to the original owner then it can be sold.
Then the tax would have to be paid again upon transfer by the person receiving the item

It sounds like fraud to me. Remember, a trust HAS to have beneficiaries-- people that will get the weapons when the trust wraps up and distributes its assets.

Those beneficiaries have a legal right to expect the trustee to manage the trust in their interests. If the trustee sells the trust to a stranger and the beneficiaries are SOL, they have a cause of action against the trustee. Even if the beneficiaries are your family and they wouldn't sue you, I think that's enough of a swindle and a con game against the government to get you in trouble w/ ATF.

It sounds like fraud to me. Remember, a trust HAS to have beneficiaries-- people that will get the weapons when the trust wraps up and distributes its assets.

Those beneficiaries have a legal right to expect the trustee to manage the trust in their interests. If the trustee sells the trust to a stranger and the beneficiaries are SOL, they have a cause of action against the trustee. Even if the beneficiaries are your family and they wouldn't sue you, I think that's enough of a swindle and a con game against the government to get you in trouble w/ ATF.
I was thinking along these lines too. What about beneficiaries?? I've never heard of anyone selling a trust.

How is this any different than adding people to the trust after approval?

I think what Lazarus was suggesting was, if you have a single item in your trust, or multiple items that you find a wiling buyer for, you make the new person the sole trustee, name his people as beneficiaries, take your beneficiaries off the trust, and take yourself off the trust.
So what he (the new guy) does with the "trust" and all the NFA weapon in it is his business, no longer your concern. You were paid, as compensation for transferring the entire trust and all its assets to him. You hand-over all the guns and silencers and SBR's and watch him drive away with them. You've got the cash.

Back
Top Bottom