Wrangler vs F150

My 3rd F-150 is being made for me on Feb. 5, 2018.
I biased and spoiled.

My company only gives me 2 choices, an F150 or an explorer.
My 2013 has 130k on it and it's the bestest/ nicest I've ever had.
The make me get the:
Off road package
Towing package
And they let me tow my RV with it.
35' Keystone Outback.
V6 twin turbo, no sweat, no issues.

I'm the luckiest SOB on the planet.
I get a gas card too.....

You mention safety & I laught, but not really. I had a uncle that was killed in a wreck last Wednesday. His son was driving his 2017 F150 & was stopped at a "work zone". The lady, in a small Chevy SUV, that hit them was running 60-65, according to the police. They rolled several times. The seatbelts did their jobs but the seat backs broke in the collision. Also none of the airbags deployed. He died on the way to the hospital.
Both of the men involved sold Ford vehicles for a living. Not sure my cousin is still a firm believer in them.
My point is just because its a "big truck" doesn't mean it will protect you in the event of a accident.
Apparently Ford has a recall out for faulty seat welds on those.

http://m.truckinginfo.com/news/269056/ford-recalls-pickups-suvs-for-seat-back-weld

Get a Ram. I have a 2014 crew cab 2wd with the 3.6 Pentastar, 8 speed, and 3.55 rear gears. I avg 21 to 22 miles per gallon in this truck of everyday use. It got around 23 to 24 before I put on 20 inch rims and 33" tires. You can buy these brand new for around 25K, waaaay cheaper than you will find an F150. Coil spring rear suspension makes it drive like a Cadillac too.

Get a Ram. I have a 2014 crew cab 2wd with the 3.6 Pentastar, 8 speed, and 3.55 rear gears. I avg 21 to 22 miles per gallon in this truck of everyday use. It got around 23 to 24 before I put on 20 inch rims and 33" tires. You can buy these brand new for around 25K, waaaay cheaper than you will find an F150. Coil spring rear suspension makes it drive like a Cadillac too.
I am looking at a 16 Ram Rebel of a 16 Tundra Limited. Ram definitely has better technology and electronics but I like the look of a Tundra better.
d10e48316f02370060dd163c4738a1fa.jpg
12d2f200899fb3a563f90754c5841eaa.jpg

I am looking at a 16 Ram Rebel of a 16 Tundra Limited. Ram definitely has better technology and electronics but I like the look of a Tundra better.
d10e48316f02370060dd163c4738a1fa.jpg
12d2f200899fb3a563f90754c5841eaa.jpg

Out of those two the choice is easy

Get the tundra
And get a 4wd while you're at it
I've gotten stuck in a 2wd with one tire on my paved driveway and one tire in the grass

Place where I worked had a tundra crewmax with the 5.7 engine
400HP decent mpg and a very comfy ride

Have they fixed the issues with the ecoboost knocking under heavy throttle? I have a guy that works for me with a 2012 ecoboost, hes having those issues. He just paid to replace all the coil packs and plugs hoping to fix it.

I think the Rebel looks like ****. It's nothing but a fancy appearance package. Also, I don't trust the air ride on the Ram for some reason. Something tells me its gonna be expensive to fix once the warranty goes out. You can get a crew cab Express 4x4 with the hemi, 8 speed, 3,92 rear gears, and lsd for about 33K if you look around. Add a lift and tires, and youre at 35K with a great looking truck.

That Tundra is pretty sweet looking.

Doesn’t the ram offer rebates from 10000 to 12000 off? I know Toyota is usually around 2500 off for Tacoma’s maybe a little more on a tundra but not too much. I have a Toyota Tacoma pro, used, and was given 2750 off.

When I bought my truck 2 years ago I got 8000 off. I didn't qualify for 1k lease trade and 1k military discount I think it was. My truck was 35K, got it for 27 before taxes and other crap.

Have they fixed the issues with the ecoboost knocking under heavy throttle? I have a guy that works for me with a 2012 ecoboost, hes having those issues. He just paid to replace all the coil packs and plugs hoping to fix it.

I think the Rebel looks like ****. It's nothing but a fancy appearance package. Also, I don't trust the air ride on the Ram for some reason. Something tells me its gonna be expensive to fix once the warranty goes out. You can get a crew cab Express 4x4 with the hemi, 8 speed, 3,92 rear gears, and lsd for about 33K if you look around. Add a lift and tires, and youre at 35K with a great looking truck.

That Tundra is pretty sweet looking.

18 wheelers have had air ride suspension for decades with no problems

But automobile manufacturers can't make it last more than a couple of years

I see Lincoln navigators riding around with dead airbags all
The time

And I would avoid the ecoboost

They having lots of problems with them when they get a little age on em and the warranty is expired

Timing chains stretching
Have to drill a weep hole in the intercooler for the oil and water to drip out so it won't get sucked into the engine
Etc

Back
Top Bottom