• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wtb wtt: Fly rod, reel

Eshrote

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
25   0
Reaction score
Looking for a nice fly rod and reel. Not experienced, but heading to Montana for a few weeks of fishing. If you want to trade, I have small, large pistol primers, 38,357, 45acp brass, 22 lr ammo, 308 ammo, 38 special ammo. Heck, depending on the price, I also have the complete Lee press, unopened with 38 / 357 dies, scale, powder, calipre..I got all that for xmas but haven't opened anything.

What I have to trade:(if its something that I simply can't live without, will throw in brand new Lee Press and all the darn equipment down to the funnel..all unused)
2000 CCI LRP #200
3000 SPR #1000
1 x Remington 525 22lr
100 CCI Mini Mag 22LR HP
100 CCI Select 22 LR
100 CCI Mini Mag LR
200 Blazer 40 gr
100 American Eagle 38 gr Copper Plated HP
40 Black Hills .308 168 gr Barnes TSX
40 Black Hills .308 150 gr Hornady GMX
120 Federal Fusion .308 150 gr
40 PMC 147 gr FMJ-BT
100 Remington UMC 38 Spc 130 gr
150 WWB 38 Spc 130 gr
1lb Alliant 2400
1lb Alliant Unique
1 box Missouri Bullet Co. .38 Match 158 gr LSWC (Brinell 12)
1 box Missouri Bullet Co. Cowboy #15 158 gr RNFP (Brinell 12)
9 oz IMR Trail Boss

thanks,

Eddie

Last edited:
What I have to trade:
2000 CCI LRP #200
3000 SPR #1000
1 x Remington 525 22lr
100 CCI Mini Mag 22LR HP
100 CCI Select 22 LR
100 CCI Mini Mag LR
200 Blazer 40 gr
100 American Eagle 38 gr Copper Plated HP
40 Black Hills .308 168 gr Barnes TSX
40 Black Hills .308 150 gr Hornady GMX
120 Federal Fusion .308 150 gr
40 PMC 147 gr FMJ-BT
100 Remington UMC 38 Spc 130 gr
150 WWB 38 Spc 130 gr
1lb Alliant 2400
1lb Alliant Unique
1 box Missouri Bullet Co. .38 Match 158 gr LSWC (Brinell 12)
1 box Missouri Bullet Co. Cowboy #15 158 gr RNFP (Brinell 12)
9 oz IMR Trail Boss
ammotrade.jpgaprimer.jpg

Last edited:
Are in Milton near Alpharetta? If so...

I have less expensive rod/reel that I would trade for all of your 22lr ammo. This could be a backup for your trip...

I have a Crystal River 8' - three piece 6/7 weight rod with a Crystal River CR-550 Reel. No line on the reel. I bought it and never have used it.

I have less expensive rod/reel that I would trade for all of your 22lr ammo. This could be a backup for your trip...

I have a Crystal River 8' - three piece 6/7 weight rod with a Crystal River CR-550 Reel. No line on the reel. I bought it and never have used it.
I'll research it..give me a moment.

where are you planning on fishing in montana? a shorter rod is going to be hell out there I wouldn't go less than a 9' 6wt (I used to guide in colorado btw)

Thank you for your inquiry. I'm looking for a 4,5,6 (If I can get it) and 4 pc. I don't have a primary rig right now.

where are you planning on fishing in montana? a shorter rod is going to be hell out there I wouldn't go less than a 9' 6wt (I used to guide in colorado btw)
I was told 9' 5 wt, 4 pc. I'll be hiking Beartooth Mountains for a week. I'm a complete newb, but my buddies live up there and are avid fisherman..and assholes..so I'd like something that won't get me laughed off the mountain. i plan on practicing till the August trip. If you say 6 wt, heck who am I to disagree.

Last edited:
also, while researching, it does seem trout fishing in Ga is not too shabby. I'm doing what I normally do with all my hobbies..diving in head first and will involve the family in fly fishing

I was told 9" 5 wt, 4 pc. I'll be hiking Beartooth Mountains for a week. I'm a complete newb, but my buddies live up there and are avid fisherman..and assholes..so I'd like something that won't get me laughed off the mountain. i plan on practicing till the August trip. If you say 6 wt, heck who am I to disagree.

flyrods are like guns.....there isn't a universal platform.

the beartooth mnts (if I remember correctly) are mostly wooded so the wind won't be a major concern (versus the little blackfoot....wind knots out the ying yang). with that said you will be fine there with a 4 pc 9' 5wt. the weights only determine the line weight (higher line weight = heavier rod = heavier conditions).

Speaking from personal experience buy the best that you can afford because it will always be cheaper in the long run than to keep buying over and over and end up with a closet full of gear.

My personal favorite is a winston rod and a ross reel. these are tough and sport a lifetime warranty (trust me don't get one without a lifetime warranty....they break faster than you think). you can find good deals on gear via craigslist or ebay and since you are just getting started why does it matter if you have used gear?

do you have breathable waders? even in august that water is not going to be "warm" how about boots? a vest? etc

Once you get your gear I can take you out on the water and let you fish with us sometime to get a feel for things if you like.

Back
Top Bottom