WTH! Cartridge Exploded in my Gun!!

MPAs are good guns. Check to ensure that the firing pin is not sticking. You can use a small screwdriver to move it by hand with the bolt out of the gun. Could have been a raised primer as well, sometimes that happens. We get about 1 to 2 ammunition malfunctions every range cycle. Brand new ammo is not immune from it.

The guy I bought it from sold it to me as never fired. Said he bought it and put it in the safe. I'm gonna take his word and assume he knew nothing about it. I couldn't imagine someone knowingly sell someone a gun that could kill them.

I do plan on taking this to a friend of mine who is a NFA/gunsmith guy. He's pretty familiar with the MAC type platform. I definitely aint taking that chance again.

Here's some different angles of the killa cartridge.

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0821Camera0003.jpg

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0821Camera0002.jpg

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0821Camera0001.jpg

Looks like your primer is out of position,( could be from blow back). It was fired before completely seated in the chamber, possible firing pin issue ? Make sure the rifle has'nt been tampered with, go over it with a fine tooth comb !

Last edited:
Have you tried dissassembling it and dropping a live round into the chamber without the bolt in the upper? Should tell you if it's a chamber issue. If you have some dummy rounds, hand cycle them through the gun and see if the edge of the brass is catching on the barrel when chambering.

I checked all of the rounds from the batch this one came from and the primers were all fine. I believe this one is protruding as a result of the out of battery explosion.

Recon, I have completely disassembled the weapon and didnt see anything unusual. I did take a few rounds and test fitted them in the chamber to see if there could be any issues there. I didnt find any hang ups at all, they all moved freely in and out of the chamber. I'm going to have a friend of mine check the headspace today if I get the chance.

That's a scary thing to have happen. At least you weren't injured! I tend to agree with the others that it was probably the ammo not the gun. I'd still check the gun thoroughly before shooting it again though.

Back
Top Bottom