• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTH! Cartridge Exploded in my Gun!!

SOCOM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
I got a MPA 9mm Carbine today and loaded 10rds in it to test fire. My luck one blew the hell up!!! WTH happened here, someone please explain this?

Luckily no damage to me or the gun.

Here's the cartridge.

It seems obvious that it fired out of battery. Dont think I had a squib, I usually know them by sound. Headspace maybe? Slam fire?

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0820Camera0001.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to even comment on this, other than to say be cautious. I'm sure there are more learned people than me to help, but here's my 2 cents. It looks like maybe excess chamber fouling. I'm sure it was cleaned well with dry patches ran through before shooting. Does any of the other fired brass looked deformed or stressed in any way? Does it come to full battery if you ease the bolt closed with the same or different ammo? I'm sure you've already made a note of the production code of the ammo. Check with Olin on that. There's a number of variables that could have caused your failure. It may turn out to be a one time fluke. If everything checks out, I'd put some rounds through it to make sure it's wrung out and reliable. If you have any doubts about the safety or proper function of the MPA, contact the factory. If there's a problem they'll want it back and make it right.

Back
Top Bottom