WTH! Cartridge Exploded in my Gun!!

Try this, load one round at a time by hand and shoot single shot style, ease your bolt down and fire. That way your checking ejection and any possible firing pin problems. I still think your firing pin stuck for it to fire when the round was only 1/2 way seated in the chamber. Pin may have a burr on it from the factory or a slight bend which binds it in the tunnel causing it to stick. For your safety and others, DO have it checked.

Try this, load one round at a time by hand and shoot single shot style, ease your bolt down and fire. That way your checking ejection and any possible firing pin problems. I still think your firing pin stuck for it to fire when the round was only 1/2 way seated in the chamber. Pin may have a burr on it from the factory or a slight bend which binds it in the tunnel causing it to stick. For your safety and others, DO have it checked.

No offense, but I would never tell someone to do that on a live round. If you want to do that use a primed case, and do it at a range. You can check every step of function except firing with dummy rounds. Feeding, extraction, ejection. Use a piece of sized primed brass for firing. No recoil, no potential OOB firing or explosions if it turns out to be something you CANT see in the chamber or barrel...

Disagreement is fine, I was neglect in thinking he was familia with how weapons operate. I have done this quite often since I can see all operations in sequence and know what is working or not working as I ease the bolt down and ready for fire and ejection. I do take saftey precautions in all my repairs. You are right though, bad judgement on my part.

Well, I took the gun to my gunsmith buddy and we couldn't find any reason other than a fluke as to why this round did what it did. Everything checked out fine. We took it out back and sent some lead down range without a hitch.....just one of those things I suppose. I was telling him that as much as we shoot and as many different guns as we shoot some crap is bound to happen sooner or later.

I appreciate everyones help and concern. This is an awesome online community!

Disagreement is fine, I was neglect in thinking he was familia with how weapons operate. I have done this quite often since I can see all operations in sequence and know what is working or not working as I ease the bolt down and ready for fire and ejection. I do take saftey precautions in all my repairs. You are right though, bad judgement on my part.

No problem brother. We are all friends here!

Okay so I called emailed MPA and told them the scenario. Tech support sent me a message stating that they believe the problem to be a fluke caused by the round or the mag. The shipped me a new tapco sten mag which arrived today. I've shot the piss out of the MPA since the malfunction with no problems. Oh, well...got free mag out of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom