• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTH is going on??

I called 5 this week from resumes that were submitted. Every one of them said they really weren't looking, they just had to show that they were trying.
I would really like to see how they deal once the government quits supporting them (if they ever do). They're probably the same folks that want to open the borders and socialize healthcare...

I would really like to see how they deal once the government quits supporting them (if they ever do). They're probably the same folks that want to open the borders and socialize healthcare...

Of course they are. It’s a tragedy. More and more people jumping in the wagon. Less people pulling it.

Inflation will skyrocket. Legitimate tax paying business owners will be bent over. The gap between the rich and the poor will be greater. Then what?

I though about that, it's just sickens me to think that there are that many people sucking the government tit! I never had the desire to set and wait on something free, especially knowing there was/is ample opportunity to go out and earn it.

no need to be disillusioned
still good people out there..
but they all have jobs..

no need to be disillusioned
still good people out there..
but they all have jobs..
Not disillusioned, I've been in this industry since 98 and working full-time since 88, the quality of employees has definitely diminished in the construction trades. people seem to be so affixed on getting a job that doesn't require manual labor that they simply don't want to work (or know how). You are correct, there are good people out there, they're just few and far between!

Tell them no experience needed, will train as needed. Pay based on what you know.

Drug testing and payroll check every 2 weeks, no exceptions. Must supply SSAN card and Ga drivers license.

Will definately cut down on illegal workers.

I think I will...try to weed out the slackers...

When I run ads, especially on lower quality sites like craigslist, I require that they respond with a certain text in the subject line. And require them to provide a little information about themselves.

That makes them write more than one sentence. Most of them can’t even write a sentence.

If they can’t follow those very simple directions, I disregard the response entirely.

Are used to get 100 responses a day for an ad. But I have sense change to different methods hiring.

But regardless, I think the cost of good labor is definitely going up fast. I’m debating raising prices now considerably to cover a good supply of better labor.

Back
Top Bottom