Yankee Vulture Bus in ATL Monday 9:00am, I Smell a Rally

I have to work but you can bet your butt I would attend and if tasered would file a suit as I would have done nothing to warrant it.

These mindless lemmings follow the same path that Bloomberg has exploited; a naïve public with false conclusions using statistical puffery and bold face lies. He uses ignorant leaders (Mayors) and importantly their police chiefs to promote the stripping of individual gun rights. The police chief position is often a political one by the Mayor who appoints the police chief. The sheriff on the other hand is elected by the people. Anyone know how the far majority Sheriffs of Colorado felt about the recent attack on the second amendment and new unconstitutional laws there?

I really hope that anyone who is remotely concerned with our rights peacefully attend these media stunts and question the methodology they utilize in their "No More Names" false crusade.

1. How many of the deaths of children were age 16-19 and involved in gang or criminal activity.

2. How many of the deaths were resultant of involvement in felonious criminal activity?

3. Statistically speaking at least by the DOJ have gun crimes by overall rates gone down or up in the last 10 years?

4. Statistically speaking has gun ownership and lawful right to carry gone up in the past 10 years? (over 6 million background checks in three months Dec 2012-Feb 2013)

5. Of the listed names how many were suicides? Would not having a gun stop suicide or would they just pick another method? (Japan with no legal gun ownership-highest suicide rate in the world).

These folks have power, influence, money and Bloomberg is creating "data" through "Public Safety" at higher education facilities that he funds or assist in funding. They are a very dangerous bunch and should be held close and under great scrutiny.

Bloomberg also has vast resources with his own media empire. He can distort the truth then print it for an unaware public.

Last edited:
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130621-906989.html

91 Percent of Georgians Support Background Checks; Isakson and Chambliss Voted Against Bipartisan Background Checks Legislation That Would Have Kept Guns Out of Wrong Hands

June 24th Rally is Part of "No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence" Bus Tour; http://www.NoMoreNames.org

***MEDIA AND EVENT ADVISORY***
ATLANTA, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Monday, June 24th, families of gun violence victims, gun owners, elected officials, faith leaders, and advocates will hold a rally in Atlanta, Georgia as part of the "No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence" -- a 25-state national bus tour over a period of 100 days aimed at urging America's leaders to support common-sense gun policies. Participants will come together Monday to voice their continued support for comprehensive and enforceable background checks, and they will urge Senators Johnny Isakson and Saxby Chambliss to reconsider their position on this life-saving measure and take another look at bipartisan background checks legislation.

It remains far too easy for criminals, domestic abusers, the seriously mentally ill, and other dangerous individuals -- people who know they can't pass a background check -- to skirt the law and obtain guns by purchasing them online or at gun shows, where background checks are not required under federal law. Bipartisan legislation sponsored by NRA A-rated Senators Joe Manchin and Pat Toomey would have closed this dangerous loophole by extending background checks to commercial gun sales. But Senators Isakson and Chambliss voted to block this sensible legislation, despite the fact that 91 percent of Georgians support background checks for all gun sales.

Every day, 33 Americans are murdered with guns in this country. "No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence" is part of Mayors Against Illegal Guns' ongoing, national effort to continue raising awareness to the issue of gun violence in America -- and most importantly, to urge elected officials to act on behalf of the people they represent.

What: Families of gun violence victims, gun owners, elected officials, faith leaders, and advocates to voice support for common-sense background checks and urge Senators Isakson and Chambliss to back this life-saving measure.

Who:

-- Lucy McBath, mother of gun violence victim Jordan Davis

-- John Starbuck, father of gun violence victim Meleia Starbuck

-- State Sen. Vincent Forte

-- State Sen. Nan Orrock

-- Pastor Gary Charles, Central Presbyterian Church

-- Alice Johnson, Georgians for Gun Safety

-- Piyali Cole, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America Where: Georgia State Capitol

206 Washington Street, SW

Atlanta, Georgia

When: Monday, June 24(th)

Press Conference Time: 11:30 a.m.

*For interview requests in advance and on-site, please contact John Duckwitz at 540-878-1136.

About Mayors Against Illegal Guns

Since its creation in April 2006, Mayors Against Illegal Guns has grown from 15 members to more than 950 mayors from across the country. We have more than 1.5 million grassroots supporters, making us the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country. The bipartisan coalition, co-chaired by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, has united the nation's mayors around these common goals: protecting communities by holding gun offenders accountable; demanding access to crime gun trace data that is critical to law enforcement efforts to combat gun trafficking; and working with legislators to fix weaknesses and loopholes in the law that make it far too easy for criminals and other dangerous people to get guns. Learn more at http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org

MEDIA CONTACTS

Alex Katz: akatz1@cityhall.nyc.gov or 212-788-7617

John Duckwitz: duckwitz@homefrontdc.com or 540-878-1136

Lizzie Ulmer: lulmer@maig.org or 269-271-2331

SOURCE Mayors Against Illegal Guns

/Web site: http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org

/Web site: http://www.nomorenames.org

The Wall Street Journal news department was not involved in the creation of this content.

"MEDIA CONTACTS

Alex Katz: akatz1@[B][U]cityhall.nyc.gov[/U][/B] or 212-788-7617
..."

Since MAIG is Bloomberg's personal charity, why does the media contact have a NYC government email address??? If I was paying the city taxes in NY I'd be pissed that his little project was being paid for on my dime.

"MEDIA CONTACTS

Alex Katz: akatz1@[B][U]cityhall.nyc.gov[/U][/B] or 212-788-7617
..."

Since MAIG is Bloomberg's personal charity, why does the media contact have a NYC government email address??? If I was paying the city taxes in NY I'd be pissed that his little project was being paid for on my dime.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...sor-bloomberg-s-gun-control-group_736932.html

Reports surfaced earlier this week that the webpage of Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) appears to have been purchased and hosted by City of New York.

Wish weda known ahead of time to get protest organized. I mean fill the entire building with pro gun to where their target audience can't attend, and then let em have our piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom