• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yeah 22 LR bullet trap conclusion,

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
After about 7 shots spread out over a couple days I have come to the healthy conclusion " NOT A GOOD IDEA ". I didn't miss the trap or nothing like that. What really made me think it was ultimately unhealthy is, I thought just a little led dust would be made from the strikes. Not the deal. It pulverized the projectiles into nothing but pure real fine lead dust. Less course than sand. It pulverized the bullet. I figured it would deform the bullet and and simply drop in the trap. I digress from my former argument. You guys were correct. Sometimes you just gotta try things for yourself. I will walk away from this knowing without doubt. Not even remotely a healthy activity.

tayomaki-covid.gif
just wear a mask

Good man.....I wasn't trying to be a dick with my comment in your last thread, I just wanted to make sure you weren't needlessly sending yourself to an early grave. Plenty of fresh air in the great outdoors.

WTH did I just read?
This thread only makes sense in the context of the earlier thread :confused:

This thread only makes sense in the context of the earlier thread :confused:
I don't only shot it twice and was wondering what it stand up to 22 mag shots. And then I shot a couple times yesterday. And when I went to empty out the little collection area it was full of nothing but just dust. So before the 22 Mag entered into the picture I decided it wasn't a good idea inside anyway. I'll glue some of that sound deadener to the back of it and set it out in the yard I don't want it ringing like a church bell every hit. Plus I talked a friend that had tried it with a 22 mag and he said it deformed the rear backing plate too much and that was at 50 yards.

Back
Top Bottom