• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Yesterday's Heroes"?! You can't fix STUPID....!

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
I used to look up to sports celebrities ... Now, I only look down upon the trash that took their place! Keep in mind: these guys have a college education, likely a full-ride scholarship ... paid for by your tax dollars!

I guess when your schooling is free, you don't feel the need to learn anything. Just because they “went to college” doesn't mean they were educated in anything but football.

Just another example of why you can't fix stupid..
Do not miss the last one!!
NEW YORK (World News Bureau) –
In a recent polling of 585 NFL players, nearly all of them were unsure of exactly what they are protesting.
Here's a sampling of responses to the question: "What are you protesting by kneeling during the National Anthem?"
"Pretty sure it's against Nazis - especially the white ones."
"We're protesting America becoming capitalistic instead of equal."
"I'm protesting against Trump saying black lives don't matter."
"We're against global warming and the police.."
"We're showing the world that we care about, ah, things such as.... such as... ah, freedom from suppression?"
"Me and my fellow players are protesting the Constitution of Independence because of what it does to people of color."
"We are displaying our right to stand up by kneeling for our beliefs."
"We are protesting Trump, because he, you know, keeping the black man down."
"Myself is kneeling to show that just because I'm American don't mean I got to act like one."
All above comments are from National Football League players with 4 years of an American College “Education”.
Average player salary $1,900,000

Do either of you know the original reason that Colin Kaepernick took a knee? I need some help understanding the original reason?? Explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I neither know nor care. I wrote of all pro sports years ago. The concept that being talented at playing a game deserves respect or millions of dollars is ludacris. Personally I am baffled that anyone can take the opinions of someone who gets paid multiple millions per year in exchange for throwing a ball and bashing headfirst into others seriously.

Do either of you know the original reason that Colin Kaepernick took a knee? I need some help understanding the original reason?? Explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I'll have to find the article, but it is something like this. Kaepernick was upset with the civil unrest in society, specifically between races. And even more specifically between blacks and white cops. He started off by staying on the bench during the anthem but that bothered him. He does support america just wants to see improvements. Can't say that I disagree with him there. I can't remember how many games he sat on the bench for but he wanted to participate in the anthem and not be disrespectful. He reached out to a veteran and spoke with him about a way that he could still participate in the anthem but still take a stance on the way he feels about the state of america. The conclusion they came to was for him to kneel during the anthem.
I am not a fan of what the conclusion was but at least he has a reason and was trying to do it in a manner that was respectable to all. As for the rest of them they just jumped on the band wagon with no clue what they were doing or why. Somewhat of a mob mentality, I'm doing it because.... See OP list of reason's given

Just remember we (sports fans) created these monsters. From the HS coaches and school staff treating them like demi gods because they could play a game.

Colleges put them in a special bubble away from other students so they can be on a pedestal.

They get treated like royalty and think their opinions matter more than the little people.

Hell he don’t know,attention seeker from a has been.

It is a hive mentality. Pro athletes are not known for being intelligent. They are pushed through school (often times starting in grade or middle school level) to achieve athletic prowess, not necessarily scholarly "cred". Intelligence and education is often times ridiculed and lampooned in certain cultures/areas, but athletic ability is revered as almost god-like. Throwing and catching a ball is paramount, where-as learning and intelligence is folly. A bizarro world indeed.

I don't, nor have I ever, watched televised athletics. I do know people that do, and do so feverishly. The same folks could tell you shoe size, runs, yards, RBI etc. Even the very stench of their jock strap. It is some perverse idolization of a semi literate ball catcher that has never appealed to me to follow.

I find it funny when someone kneels for "oppression" while enjoying a 20 million dollar contract, yearly, for catching a ball. Doesn't sound too oppressed to me.

Back
Top Bottom