• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Yesterday's Heroes"?! You can't fix STUPID....!

I used to look up to sports celebrities ... Now, I only look down upon the trash that took their place! Keep in mind: these guys have a college education, likely a full-ride scholarship ... paid for by your tax dollars!

I guess when your schooling is free, you don't feel the need to learn anything. Just because they “went to college” doesn't mean they were educated in anything but football.

Just another example of why you can't fix stupid..
Do not miss the last one!!
NEW YORK (World News Bureau) –
In a recent polling of 585 NFL players, nearly all of them were unsure of exactly what they are protesting.
Here's a sampling of responses to the question: "What are you protesting by kneeling during the National Anthem?"
"Pretty sure it's against Nazis - especially the white ones."
"We're protesting America becoming capitalistic instead of equal."
"I'm protesting against Trump saying black lives don't matter."
"We're against global warming and the police.."
"We're showing the world that we care about, ah, things such as.... such as... ah, freedom from suppression?"
"Me and my fellow players are protesting the Constitution of Independence because of what it does to people of color."
"We are displaying our right to stand up by kneeling for our beliefs."
"We are protesting Trump, because he, you know, keeping the black man down."
"Myself is kneeling to show that just because I'm American don't mean I got to act like one."
All above comments are from National Football League players with 4 years of an American College “Education”.
Average player salary $1,900,000

The NFL will keep on declining!!

I used to look up to sports celebrities ... Now, I only look down upon the trash that took their place! Keep in mind: these guys have a college education, likely a full-ride scholarship ... paid for by your tax dollars!

I guess when your schooling is free, you don't feel the need to learn anything. Just because they “went to college” doesn't mean they were educated in anything but football.

Just another example of why you can't fix stupid..
Do not miss the last one!!
NEW YORK (World News Bureau) –
In a recent polling of 585 NFL players, nearly all of them were unsure of exactly what they are protesting.
Here's a sampling of responses to the question: "What are you protesting by kneeling during the National Anthem?"
"Pretty sure it's against Nazis - especially the white ones."
"We're protesting America becoming capitalistic instead of equal."
"I'm protesting against Trump saying black lives don't matter."
"We're against global warming and the police.."
"We're showing the world that we care about, ah, things such as.... such as... ah, freedom from suppression?"
"Me and my fellow players are protesting the Constitution of Independence because of what it does to people of color."
"We are displaying our right to stand up by kneeling for our beliefs."
"We are protesting Trump, because he, you know, keeping the black man down."
"Myself is kneeling to show that just because I'm American don't mean I got to act like one."
All above comments are from National Football League players with 4 years of an American College “Education”.
Average player salary $1,900,000
Bunch of educated FOOOLS bad mouthig gov. & police .just leave !!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

It is a hive mentality. Pro athletes are not known for being intelligent. They are pushed through school (often times starting in grade or middle school level) to achieve athletic prowess, not necessarily scholarly "cred". Intelligence and education is often times ridiculed and lampooned in certain cultures/areas, but athletic ability is revered as almost god-like. Throwing and catching a ball is paramount, where-as learning and intelligence is folly. A bizarro world indeed.

I don't, nor have I ever, watched televised athletics. I do know people that do, and do so feverishly. The same folks could tell you shoe size, runs, yards, RBI etc. Even the very stench of their jock strap. It is some perverse idolization of a semi literate ball catcher that has never appealed to me to follow.

I find it funny when someone kneels for "oppression" while enjoying a 20 million dollar contract, yearly, for catching a ball. Doesn't sound too oppressed to me.
Do you know any professional athletes that you grew up knowing personally or do you have any friends that are pro athletes now? Did they tell you they were pushed through school and treated differently? Can you tell me the original reason Colin Kaepernick took a knee? If so please explain?

Hell he don’t know,attention seeker from a has been.
Do you stand in your living room or bedroom when the National Anthem is being played on TV? If so i think that is great and very Patriotic. Personally i would rather be at the gun range than sitting in the house watching football or any sport.

Do you know any professional athletes that you grew up knowing personally or do you have any friends that are pro athletes now? Did they tell you they were pushed through school and treated differently? Can you tell me the original reason Colin Kaepernick took a knee? If so please explain?

I have met professional athletes, but I currently don't know any. I know for a FACT that elementary and middle through high schools push kids through that show a "talent" in ball chasing/catching. I saw it in my school years (which was long ago) the "athletes" that would skip a test, with a teacher's wink of approval or be chastised momentarily for not being in class or skipping or being high - only for the conversation to dissolve into discussion of "plays" or field activities prepping for the "big game". Saw it.

There was an expose' done by a UNC (Tarheels) employee (professor) that "let the cat out of the bag" in regard to what are called "revenue students" and their overall lack of intelligence, cheating and fake classes constructed for easy "A"s. Her research and data proved that many "revenue students" were around a 3rd grade reading level and there were many who could barely read and write. Catching balls was there forte' however. This scandal involved 3100 "athletes" between 1993 and 2011. When the professor exposed this she received DEATH THREATS! Not just from "students" and their families, but from her colleagues (faculty and staff). They are called "revenue students" because they haul in the dough for the college, but that fact probably needs not saying. Many colleges in the SEC (where football is a religious experience) were implicated in the "revenue student" scandal as well.

Colin Kapernick apparently took a knee in response to black men getting killed by white cops and the "injustice" it involved. The fact that around 94% of black men are killed by other black men kind of got lost in the translation for him I think though. It was also for the "black lives matter" "movement", which is the birth child of "hands up don't shoot" (Michael Brown) and "I can't breathe" (Eric Garner) both of which were predicated on lies that were revealed in sworn oath testimony. The National Anthem is about our great nation and service to the same. I don't equate the National Anthem to blind allegiance to the police - I consider it honoring our country and our folks that paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. I have stood at attention while the National Anthem played many many many times in 2 different uniforms in service to my country (USN, USAF), so I take it kind of personal when one wants to politically "grand stand" during such a sacred and solemn time/event. If he wants to protest so fervently and fiercely then stage a sit in at a police dept. or give up your salary for a "cause" (voluntarily of course, and not because no one wants you on their team).

To me Colin is an enigma... He is half white/half black man raised by moderately wealthy white Christian family. He had a good upbringing and was a professing practicing Christian himself. From what I researched and read about him before the kneeling nonsense began I was impressed by his upbringing, commitment to his faith and hard work. His burgeoning involvement with Nessa Diab (a muslim young lady) is around the same time of the kneeling and raised clenched fist (a symbol of communism/black panthers/black power). I wish no ill will on Colin, really I don't. I think he is ill informed and I think the hive mentality and "group think" of his fellow players is juvenile and unimaginative.

I still stand by my statement regarding the low intelligence of athletes; couple that with the fact of alarming criminality in the ranks of the NFL, NBA and other collectives further solidifies my stance of not involving myself or my money with "professional athletics". And I still hold a dim view of those that feverishly (slavishly) devote all their time/money/attention to "athletes" who don't know who you are and don't care an iota about you. Surely there are better things to do with our time? Maybe like a trip to the range? Reload some ammo?...............

I'll have to find the article, but it is something like this. Kaepernick was upset with the civil unrest in society, specifically between races. And even more specifically between blacks and white cops. He started off by staying on the bench during the anthem but that bothered him. He does support america just wants to see improvements. Can't say that I disagree with him there. I can't remember how many games he sat on the bench for but he wanted to participate in the anthem and not be disrespectful. He reached out to a veteran and spoke with him about a way that he could still participate in the anthem but still take a stance on the way he feels about the state of america. The conclusion they came to was for him to kneel during the anthem.
I am not a fan of what the conclusion was but at least he has a reason and was trying to do it in a manner that was respectable to all. As for the rest of them they just jumped on the band wagon with no clue what they were doing or why. Somewhat of a mob mentality, I'm doing it because.... See OP list of reason's given

The last thing that hippie was is respectable! When you wear socks with pigs wearing a badge with your uniform-that puts a little damper on respectability! What a joke LOL

I have met professional athletes, but I currently don't know any. I know for a FACT that elementary and middle through high schools push kids through that show a "talent" in ball chasing/catching. I saw it in my school years (which was long ago) the "athletes" that would skip a test, with a teacher's wink of approval or be chastised momentarily for not being in class or skipping or being high - only for the conversation to dissolve into discussion of "plays" or field activities prepping for the "big game". Saw it.

There was an expose' done by a UNC (Tarheels) employee (professor) that "let the cat out of the bag" in regard to what are called "revenue students" and their overall lack of intelligence, cheating and fake classes constructed for easy "A"s. Her research and data proved that many "revenue students" were around a 3rd grade reading level and there were many who could barely read and write. Catching balls was there forte' however. This scandal involved 3100 "athletes" between 1993 and 2011. When the professor exposed this she received DEATH THREATS! Not just from "students" and their families, but from her colleagues (faculty and staff). They are called "revenue students" because they haul in the dough for the college, but that fact probably needs not saying. Many colleges in the SEC (where football is a religious experience) were implicated in the "revenue student" scandal as well.

Colin Kapernick apparently took a knee in response to black men getting killed by white cops and the "injustice" it involved. The fact that around 94% of black men are killed by other black men kind of got lost in the translation for him I think though. It was also for the "black lives matter" "movement", which is the birth child of "hands up don't shoot" (Michael Brown) and "I can't breathe" (Eric Garner) both of which were predicated on lies that were revealed in sworn oath testimony. The National Anthem is about our great nation and service to the same. I don't equate the National Anthem to blind allegiance to the police - I consider it honoring our country and our folks that paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. I have stood at attention while the National Anthem played many many many times in 2 different uniforms in service to my country (USN, USAF), so I take it kind of personal when one wants to politically "grand stand" during such a sacred and solemn time/event. If he wants to protest so fervently and fiercely then stage a sit in at a police dept. or give up your salary for a "cause" (voluntarily of course, and not because no one wants you on their team).

To me Colin is an enigma... He is half white/half black man raised by moderately wealthy white Christian family. He had a good upbringing and was a professing practicing Christian himself. From what I researched and read about him before the kneeling nonsense began I was impressed by his upbringing, commitment to his faith and hard work. His burgeoning involvement with Nessa Diab (a muslim young lady) is around the same time of the kneeling and raised clenched fist (a symbol of communism/black panthers/black power). I wish no ill will on Colin, really I don't. I think he is ill informed and I think the hive mentality and "group think" of his fellow players is juvenile and unimaginative.

I still stand by my statement regarding the low intelligence of athletes; couple that with the fact of alarming criminality in the ranks of the NFL, NBA and other collectives further solidifies my stance of not involving myself or my money with "professional athletics". And I still hold a dim view of those that feverishly (slavishly) devote all their time/money/attention to "athletes" who don't know who you are and don't care an iota about you. Surely there are better things to do with our time? Maybe like a trip to the range? Reload some ammo?...............
Thoughts well put!! I see that you looked at this situation with thought and did not come off prejudice or blindly to the real reason for the kneeling. Yes I agree with the 94% you talked about , but that's not the issue here. It is a big problem, bigger than the police issue to me
(my personal opinion).. But there is a big problem in the fact that the way blacks are perceived by a lot of officers, not all, not even the majority of the police officers ,but those who have hatred in there hearts making it hard for the good ones. Just as you can't take a whole group of professional athletes and put them into a group of a few.. with that being said let's gun talk!!

Everyone is Bigoted to a certain degree, fairly few are racist.

But we have gotten to a point where any opposing belief/idea is to be belittled, poked fun at, or outright dismissed. Or punished.

Discourse is not only needed, but should be celebrated, as it allows us to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Otherwise it becomes noise, to be tuned out by all parties.

Been a long time coming, this nation has been in a state of moral decay for decades. "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio", is not a new question. Nor is it confined to athletes. Colleges, business, the entertainment industry, even churches are populated with people who have no regard for what would have only 70 years ago been considered main stream American values.

Back
Top Bottom