Yet another 1911 Project....PIC HEAVY

This is not really a critical part like a barrel or slide, although I'm Tig certified in 7 metals, and have the ability to de-stress the metal, I keep my welding to non-critical parts. I mostly just weld combustion chamber parts in jet engines...

What kind of engine? I worked on F101s and F110s for 6 years...

Not at Delta... Pratt 2000 and 4000 series, CF6 80, CFM 56 series, and CF34 series...everything we fly except the Trents...

Just PRAY they're not LEAD MECHANICS...LOL!... :) ....mikey357

I just hope they're not working as a team.

You know, we rarely even see a 219 in our shop, they are just the 2000 series. And I haven't heard the term JT8D in years. I guess I'm in a hole over there in the weld shop. They let me out now and then...

Last edited:
I know it's still rough, but the bevel work looks good.

For the grips - if you use tru oil and rub it in by hand it'll give the grips an even, satin finish. You may have to hit it with a dry brush to take some gloss out of the recessed areas.

Last edited:
Just PRAY they're not LEAD MECHANICS...LOL!... :) ....mikey357

I used to be the Lead mech/supervisor for Test Cell back in Germany. I supervised four people at 27-28 years old and was the oldest by far. Amazing what the Air Force lets you do!

Last edited by a moderator:
The cool STI beavertail just wouldn't line up right in the Springfield frame, so, with the help of RamRodDoc, I found the Fosters aluminum beavertail, and decided to shape it similar to the STI....
IMG_4540.jpg
IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4543.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few with the slide from my other Champion...The slide for this one is getting sights, and coated....
IMG_4556.JPG
IMG_4557.JPG
IMG_4558.jpg
IMG_4559.jpg

It's going to need a good sanding...a few things showed up that shouldn't have. I'll sand it smooth and shoot another light coat on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom