• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yet another example of why "pocket" guns need holsters

Link needs a Fixin.

I just ordered these for my LCR as a holster substitute. I'm quasi comfortable with the concept, but I am very often wrong. Any thoughts?

71ehHFErsfL._SL1500_.jpg

I use a Mic holster on my P3AT. Everything else goes IN a holster. Although I wouldn't mind finding a Mic holster for the Kahr PM40s.

mic.jpg

Link needs a Fixin.

I just ordered these for my LCR as a holster substitute. I'm quasi comfortable with the concept, but I am very often wrong. Any thoughts?

View attachment 265824

Just like a manual or physical safety that device will very possibly get you killed in a defensive fight. It is easy to use on the range under calm conditions but under the sheer "panic" conditions of a fight it is forgotten as the brain is too busy dealing with the attack at hand to remember to remove it.
We see this happen over & over time & again in Force on Force/ a.k.a. Realistic training scenarios using hogh powered airsoft guns.

Holsters or passive safeties that are instinctive in use under stressful situations are much faster to put into action.
I've seen videos of people repeatedly, unsuccessfully trying to press the trigger (even bending or breaking them) because under the stress of a life or death attack they "forgot" about the safety & only thought of the trigger.

I'm writing an article about this phenomenon. My theory, backed up by numerous real world examples, is that subconsciously the "lizard brain" or one's survival instincts that take over when a person is in mortal danger only thinks about what is necessary to make the gun fire.
On the most basic level our mind knows that a safety STOPS a gun from firing whereas the trigger makes the gun fire instantly.

In short... the trigger makes the gun GO NOW!, whereas the safety makes it STOP.

Any extra step that is required whether it be a manual safety or a device like the one above costs most users time that they will not have in a close quarters fight.

This is why for many years know other gun mfr's have followed Glocks example & made models primarily with passive safeties that are easy & instinctive to use under stress.
It takes thousands & thousands of repetitions to make the manipulation of a safety reflexive under stress.... ad an exposed trigger is such a bad idea.

Which is why it is critical to have either a belt holster, pocket holster, or device like "Patronus" posted that securely covers the trigger but is very simple & instinctive to get the gun out & into action.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom