• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You can only take 5 items for a 7 day

Survivor Johnny

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
The question was posed. You get a shoulder bag (that does not count as an item) to carry your stuff in and the clothes/boots etc on your back. A "survival tin" or similar item counts as 1 item

My 5

1) tin with ranger bands holding on some 550 cord around it
A) bic lighter
B) vasolene soaked cotton balls
C) snare wire, fishing line, hooks/sinkers & 2 or 3 flies (in small baggy)
D) band aides and 1oz hand sanitizer (first aid and fire starter)
2) cane knife machete with first 2" by handle sharpened at 11 degree angle for whittling and fine work
3) hammock bound up with rigging lines (if your below tree line)
4) Stanley bottle/cup with upgrades I showed in a thread I did for DIY upgrades- its a billy pot/water bottle/cup
5) good insulated rain coat (this will also be your sleeping bag)
If you can get away with wearing the coat in so it does not count as an item then a shelter tarp bound up with rigging lines

Last edited:
1. Condor Rodan
2. Bivvy Sack
3. Stainless Bottle
4. Heavy Jacket
5. Tin with:
A. Bic Lighter
B. 4 Butterfly bandages
C. Chapstick
D. Razor Blade

If the clothes I would normally wear outside don't count as an item here's mine.
1. Bic lighter
2. Large pack of burrito size tortillas
3. Water filter
4. Tarp 10 x 12
5. Para cord 100 ft or so
Oops forgot about a vessel for water. So I would probably trade the Bic for a bucket in summer or the tarp in winter and just build a debris hut on day 1

Last edited:
1) survival tin
a) box of matches with hooks and sinkers inside with the matches, 8# test mono wrapped around it (about 75ft) secured by a ranger bang.
b) kershaw shallot
c) mini bic
d) quart zip-lock bag
e) mini sewing kit
f) farro rod
2) Ontario spec plus marine fighter knife with about 50ft para cord wrapped around sheath
3) stainless canteen
4) 6X8 tarp with blanket rolled up in it secured with more para cord
5) lots of jerky

On me I always carry a small stockman pocket knife, a hunter style lock blade knife, lighter, small flashlight, handkerchief, and my ruger 9mm.

******mit Johnny, You're gonna have to leave 8 of them lighters at home.

lol, for the sake of this thread I'm assuming I don't have my EDC "bat belt". That would be just unfair. Can 1 of my items be to bring Dobbs Defence whole storefront? That way I'm well armed and I know there will be a laugh in it somewhere

lol, for the sake of this thread I'm assuming I don't have my EDC "bat belt". That would be just unfair. Can 1 of my items be to bring Dobbs Defence whole storefront? That way I'm well armed and I know there will be a laugh in it somewhere

SJ, I'm not picking on you, not being a grammar nazi because lord knows I make errors and/or have many autocorrect issue...but I've seen this typed this way a few times, so I wanted to get clarification. Is it Dobbs Defense or Defence? If it is the latter Dobbs, why the play on words? Just curious.

We are in USA it is defense, in GB its defence. I have to tell people whenever they are getting email or website or something

Back
Top Bottom