• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know most 30-30s and lever guns in general suck and can't hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

It got up to a grand and I ain't paying a grand for a Marlin. I did get a 1971 winchester 94 for 675 though with buy now. It will be here soon.
Yeah, going back to your original post, prices on lever guns have gotten a bit unbelievable. But so has everything else lately.

Enjoy the new to you Winchester.

I’ve always had good luck with mine. But lever gun prices have gone through the roof. I blame Yellowstone lol.

I’ve always had good luck with mine. But lever gun prices have gone through the roof. I blame Yellowstone lol.
I blame the Shi++y quality of most things made today. Earlier Win. & Marlin rifles are known to be Quality made firearms,that when reasonably taken care of…will last for Generations! That’s why they continue to climb in value. That,and our Gov’t has intentionally devalued our U.S. Dollar…so,todays $1,000 can buy what $300 could not very long ago…☠️

I blame the Shi++y quality of most things made today. Earlier Win. & Marlin rifles are known to be Quality made firearms,that when reasonably taken care of…will last for Generations! That’s why they continue to climb in value. That,and our Gov’t has intentionally devalued our U.S. Dollar…so,todays $1,000 can buy what $300 could not very long ago…☠️
I've got a 1904 Win 92 in 38-40 and a 1915 Win 92 in 32-20. They are finely made firearms. The 1953 Win 94 in 30-30 is another good one. I do not like modern lever actions as they seem sloppy and wiggly to me when working the action.

"You know most 30-30s and lever guns in general suck and can't hit a pie plate at 100 yards."​

some can't some can
336 JM made in 1992, 150gr Core Lokt
ranger finder 98 yards & 116 yards

2019-04-11.jpg
20181224_101316.jpg

IMG_20220908_135419.jpg

Best shooting lever gun I ever had was a old beat up 35 Marlin. As I recall it shot 3/4" groups at 100yds. Sighted in a 4" high at 100yds, I took a deer at 225yds with 10" holdover. One shot. I sold that gun to a friend that loves the 35 Marlin. I told him that gun was a keeper. The only reason I sold it was because the cartridge didn't do well in the brush for me. That's what I bought it for. Started using a 375H&H for heavy brush. Works every time

Very good points. Definitely agree that older model lever actions are much better quality than the newer stuff.

So why are people pricing them so dang high? A lever gun is a 25 yard to 50 yard brush gun at best.

Don't get me wrong I like 30-30s and the nostalgia that goes along with them but seriously 1500+ dollars for a marlin or a winchester LOL.
I have a Henry 327, even with the greatly reduced loads I made for it, it hits at 109 yards, I dialed the powder back so low, it sticks in plywood at 109, doesn’t go thru..makes a perfect yard Gun for coyote, puts them in the dirt, and they get up and run away, gut shot special

Back
Top Bottom