• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know most 30-30s and lever guns in general suck and can't hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

Had a 30-30 Marlin as my first deer rifle. Still have it 50 years later. Every single one of the kills went exactly where I aimed and dropped every deer in its tracks. Sure the vast majority of the deer were 75 - 80 yards, but I took some out at the 150 range. Never missed a deer, and if I ever had it sure wouldn’t have been the guns fault. They are accurate up to the shooters ability.

I had one with a 4x scope on it. It was a very accurate rifle. I traded it off because the only available ammo came with the old school round nose bullet technology and I could not find a cowboy hat I liked.

I had one with a 4x scope on it. It was a very accurate rifle. I traded it off because the only available ammo came with the old school round nose bullet technology and I could not find a cowboy hat I liked.

download.jpeg

Here ya go.

I've owned a few lever guns over the years. Best shooting one I ever had was a Marlin in 35Rem. It shot a 3/4" group at 100yds. I took a deer at 225yds with that one. I took another at 135yds with a 45Colt. And plenty at 40-100+yds with a 44mag. And others with a 357. I've taken as many as 3 at a time with a lever gun, needed the meat. I once shot a big buck at @75yds. It ran across at field and stopped in some thick brush. All I could see was the top half of the deer. From my vantage point, I made a calculated guess and squeezed off another round at @ 125yds. The deer trotted off about another 50yds out of sight. When I found the buck it had 2 bullet holes within a inch apart. The deer was dead with the first round, he just didn't know it yet. That was a Browning BLR in 308

I like my 94 Winchester in .30-30. Light recoil is nice and rifle is sleek/light. They're just fun to shoot. I enjoy testing my skills with the open iron sights. I wouldn't mind having that .45-70 Marlin 1895 big loop that is being made by Ruger, but I don't have $1400 to dish out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-224742.png
    Screenshot_20220502-224742.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom