• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You wake up tomorrow and it’s June 8, 1983. You have 24 hours before you return to June 9, 2023. What do you do in your 24 hours?

I was a recent graduate from boot camp. Going to school at Naval Air Technical Training Center in Millington TN. I probably would have told myself to drink less beer and save more money. I wouldn't have listened.
I left NATTC (AC School) in May 83 and had just arrived at NAS Cubi Point, Philippines so I’d do what I did back then…..drink a bunch of San Miguel then go on a poon tang hunt safari.

I left NATTC (AC School) in May 83 and had just arrived at NAS Cubi Point, Philippines so I’d do what I did back then…..drink a bunch of San Miguel then go on a poon tang hunt safari.
I was at Cubi in 1970 and drank my first San Miguel and had the runs for two days, Hunt for Poon Tang shortly after. Had plenty of chances for snapper at Alongapo, but could not take a chance..

I would pay WAY more attention to them 7th grade girls that used to talk to me during class. My wife said I most CERTAINLY missed out on a lot of opportunities missing the signals.

Hug my grandmother, convince my cousin that the path he is heading down is going to take him at a young age, try to convince my younger self that I should forget about girls and cars for a while, invest more time in my education, and buy a piece of property....and spend the remainder of the day just visiting with my dad. I'm not unhappy with where my life is but I'd give almost anything for another day with my dad and grandmother..

Back
Top Bottom