• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your first deer.

2012 Lagrange Corp of engineers property.

First deer was a basket 8 dressed at 191lbs.... I was at the base of a large pine and it stepped out 15 yards and looked at me.

I will never forget, I Passed out when I got it to the truck lmao!!!!

Grandfathers 12 gauge slug gun.

Last edited:
1980 in Pike county ,near Molena .

My dad put me in a tall oak with about a half sheet of 3\4 plywood for a stand, at about 20'.. He left for another stand and in a good hour an a half a big doe ,so I thought :(, came up . I was so excited I missed ,it ran over and stood broadside behind a holly bush and I hit it in the spine with the next shot .
I get down and go over to check it out and it was a buck with about 1 inch of bone above the hair ...
It should was good tho :-)
Killed it with a k31 7.5x55 swiss

Haven't got mine yet. Started hunting 4 years ago. Didn't get to go much the first year, or at all last season. The worst was when I decided to take my G20 out to a family friends spot. Told my buddy to tell his uncle I was using a pistol. He didn't. I was put in a ground blind looking down a 150 yard atv trail with the remnants of a food plot at the end of it. Yeah.. that went about as well as it sounds. 20 minutes after the sun came up a nice 8pt walked across the little road. He was about 80 yards away from me. Which is about 50 yards more than I felt comfortable taking a shot with my Glock 20. Half an hour after that I noticed movement in the old food plot. It was 3 or 4 does just hanging out. They were there for at least 15 minutes. All I cloud do was watch. I really need to get on a lease and get out more often.

I was 13 when I killed my first one back in 1987. I went hunting on my uncle's property in northern Jasper County along with my dad. I was hunting on the ground next to a dry creek had 2 does walk right up beside me just after day break. I must confess I made a terrible shot on one of them and she ran a long way before we found her.

This is going to be the least manly story you've ever read.. you might want to skip it.. just saying... You'll think less of me...

It was December of 2003 I believe. I had my first truck, 94 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with a 3.9l , I was 20 at the time, just prior to my 21'st birthday. Had a copy of the Mossberg 500A 20 gauge with some wonderful ingraving on the wood I want to say it was a winchester but I really don't remember the brand. It was a name brand though it wasn't a maverick, used mossberg barrels. I had a turkey barrel and a rifled slug barrel (I wish I still had that shotty. I passed it on to my little brother and he passed not long after the gun was sold. It was his first gun) Was in the cornfields with a few friends (farmer let us hunt deer there in exchange for keeping pests and rodents out of his fields through the year, it was close enough to town we could walk there (about a mile and a half down the railroad tracks) and we had some dirtbike trails and a campsite out in an unusable for him section of the land. More recently I heard he fenced everything up and doesn't let the local kids use it anymore because some *** hats tore up his cornfield with their wheelears not long after he planted instead of staying in the wonderful trails he let us keep) It was an unusually warm day (it was NY after all) no snow on the ground, we were out in pants and light jackets. Perfect weather for hunting, like when you watch guys quail hunt on TV kind of weather. We fan out to push the deer through the field and I hear mario's 300 win mag go off, and then again, then I see him running through the field yelling "SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT!" I assume he has injured it and the doe is at a full run, I don't want to take the shot because of how quickly its moving but think its already hurt so I pull two off, first one hit her tail, second one about took her head off and she fell into a pile on the ground. She was still twitching so mario took my gun and gave her one more in the head to make sure she wasn't feeling anything.

The whole time I was field dressing her I was sobbing like a little girl. I have no trouble hunting hog, squirrel, turkey, pigeons, ect for some reason I cant do Deer. I have no problems field dressing one someone else shot, or going out hunting with my friends, so I always got my tags so I could spend the morning in the woods without the girls with my friends.. But I never pulled the trigger on one again. My friends to this day continue to give me **** about it too :lol: Boy she did taste good though

Mine was 16 years ago. I was put on a deer drive and figured I was screwed and wouldn't see anything. I started walking to where we would start the drive and I kicked up a bedded buck and doe. I shot at the buck 2 times, the second time he went down. I was still shaking like hell when I approached him. I got excited and nervous and decided to start dragging him back towards the truck. I'm pulling him by his little basket rack and this deer looks straight up at me and makes the BLAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH shout, right in my face. I almost shart myself. I put a round in his neck thinking that would finish him. It didn't. I missed all the vital areas. I ended up putting 3 rounds in his neck before he died. I will never forget this day. It is very entertaining now that I look back on it.

This is going to be the least manly story you've ever read.. you might want to skip it.. just saying... You'll think less of me...

It was December of 2003 I believe. I had my first truck, 94 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with a 3.9l , I was 20 at the time, just prior to my 21'st birthday. Had a copy of the Mossberg 500A 20 gauge with some wonderful ingraving on the wood I want to say it was a winchester but I really don't remember the brand. It was a name brand though it wasn't a maverick, used mossberg barrels. I had a turkey barrel and a rifled slug barrel (I wish I still had that shotty. I passed it on to my little brother and he passed not long after the gun was sold. It was his first gun) Was in the cornfields with a few friends (farmer let us hunt deer there in exchange for keeping pests and rodents out of his fields through the year, it was close enough to town we could walk there (about a mile and a half down the railroad tracks) and we had some dirtbike trails and a campsite out in an unusable for him section of the land. More recently I heard he fenced everything up and doesn't let the local kids use it anymore because some *** hats tore up his cornfield with their wheelears not long after he planted instead of staying in the wonderful trails he let us keep) It was an unusually warm day (it was NY after all) no snow on the ground, we were out in pants and light jackets. Perfect weather for hunting, like when you watch guys quail hunt on TV kind of weather. We fan out to push the deer through the field and I hear mario's 300 win mag go off, and then again, then I see him running through the field yelling "SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT!" I assume he has injured it and the doe is at a full run, I don't want to take the shot because of how quickly its moving but think its already hurt so I pull two off, first one hit her tail, second one about took her head off and she fell into a pile on the ground. She was still twitching so mario took my gun and gave her one more in the head to make sure she wasn't feeling anything.

The whole time I was field dressing her I was sobbing like a little girl. I have no trouble hunting hog, squirrel, turkey, pigeons, ect for some reason I cant do Deer. I have no problems field dressing one someone else shot, or going out hunting with my friends, so I always got my tags so I could spend the morning in the woods without the girls with my friends.. But I never pulled the trigger on one again. My friends to this day continue to give me **** about it too :lol: Boy she did taste good though
a1.ec_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_124_ce4f60a175ff6e59e5c9b7f96c365824_l.jpg

2005 I was not too far from Watkinsville GA. I was sitting in the tree stand and I saw a medium sized doe at about 115 yards. Shot her with a Winchester .270. Upon tracking her I lifter her legs and there was a weiner, she was a he and he had two tiny horns smaller than my pinky.

Back
Top Bottom