Your night stand gun....

Do you have a laser sight on your nightstand gun(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 73 82.0%

• Total voters
If ever a multiple assailant home invasion, I go with the "tactical laser"!
images-8.jpeg

Glock 23 with night sights and TLR1 Flashlight.

I had a situation once where I was asleep and at 3am mens boots were clomping quietly and slowly down my steps towards my bedroom. I had a female roommate. Her living room and the kitchen/dining room were on the main floor. Her bedrooms were upstairs. My bedroom, private bath and private den were downstairs from the main floor (split level).

Anyway, I could see the silhouette of a man and he was using his cell phone for a light. I had the trigger half pulled and was fully committed to popping off a warning shot into his center mass when I heard my roommate giggle behind him JUST in time for me to let the trigger back out. I yelled at her to turn on the light. She did, saw my gun and where it was pointed and freaked out. She actually called the cops! She had gotten off a late shift at Denny's and had a couple of coworkers come over to hang out and watch movies. They were sneaking into my den to borrow some DVDs...and didn't want to wake me up...bad call. 2 out of 2 responding Norcross police told her that if that had been their house, Denny's would be looking for another dishwasher.

So...since then, I keep a flashlight mounted on any bedside gun so I can blind and verify my target after I get the night sights on target.

Inforce APL light on my PPQ, yes. Laser, no.

In my experience, most people who want a laser on a handgun are inexperienced shooters who believe a laser is a shortcut to marksmanship. While I grasp the potential usefulness of a pistol laser in certain limited applications, the VAST majority of people would be better off spending that "laser money" on practice ammo and shooting lessons. If you are fully proficient with a handgun using conventional sights and choose to add a laser, more power to you. If you think that adding a laser will make it easier to hit your target because the "bullet goes wherever the laser is pointing" then you are delusional.

Back
Top Bottom