Your opinion of the Military exemption for GFL

No one should need a GWL. Why would you want anyone to be required to get it? BEcause you have to? So because you have to get one means everyone needs to?

My opinion is that we should allow military to have these exemption. No because they deserve it more than us Civs but because that is one step closer for everyone to be exempt. By making it "fair" and not allowing them to be exempt means we are taking a step backwards.

Hmmm, good point. Personally, I think requiring a firearms license (or some form of entitlement) to carry concealed is both a good thing and a bad thing (depending on a few factors), but that's neither here nor there. I am just unsure how I feel about Military personnel getting a by just for being in the military.

Hmmm, good point. Personally, I think requiring a firearms license (or some form of entitlement) to carry concealed is both a good thing and a bad thing (depending on a few factors), but that's neither here nor there. I am just unsure how I feel about Military personnel getting a by just for being in the military.

I am totally apposed to anyone being exempt from the "rules" no matter how wrong or asinine the "rules" are. Peoples is peoples, no one is better than the next. Special treatment need not apply. My two cents.

Removing exemptions will remove responsible people in out "gun free" zones. By removing these people you are making them even larger targets for attacks. Taking military off the exemption will decrease the odds of someone responsible to stop such an event. Until all of us is exempt I would feel better that there are at least a little chance someone in these zones is carrying.

It may not be fair but I would rather it be unfair than one less person carrying.

Back
Top Bottom